India vs Sri Lanka - 1st ODI; MADNESS

well it's not nothing...

it's like committing suicide because ultimately one would die some day :p

it was entertainment...

Nehra was set to redeem himself by bowling a good death over, which was ironically spoiled by Zaheer, who was giving Nehra tips after every ball. Zaheer owes Nehra an apology.

naah.. nehra was at success with zahir's tip but zahir was off focus at the job he was supposed to do.

he owes apology to the rest of the team n not just nehra.

anyways..

it was a close untill the last over.

hope next ODI brings similar competition ...and i also hope that dilshan doesn't score more than what it takes to defeat Team India :ashamed: :p

well its funny, coz there were still 1 over remaining, in which to score the 4 runs had he not have had that misfield, its funny that the guy due to whom the match was such a close contest in the first place gets criticized like this :p

all in all, good tp match, leveled series is much more entertaining to watch, and thats what cricket is, entertainment, sort of, and not a sport, well not anymore anyway, and definetly not team India :p

Gannu said:
^And next time, madnav, please do NOT switch on the TV to Neo cricket. :mad:

:p

i didnt even know that the match was happening until dad called to ask score :p

when is the next match btw ? :p

WTH are these selectors doing?

They got Nehra back into the team outta nowhere... He hadn't even performed well in Domestic cricket

Why are the Pathan Bros. out of the team?

Well seems after the last match Sri Lanka used the good Old Hard cash technique instead of a bank EFT and voila they won :p

mihirpradhan204 said:
WTH are these selectors doing?

They got Nehra back into the team outta nowhere... He hadn't even performed well in Domestic cricket

Why are the Pathan Bros. out of the team?

Nehra was our best bowler vs Australia 7 ODI's, and in the Champions Trophy before it. Not only that he bowled a brilliant match saving death over in this 1st ODI and saved us an assload of humility. Today it wasn't his day, but guess what he was bowling a good 2nd last death over again and Zaheer ruined it.

He's still a pathetic fielder though but at least his batting is showing SOME improvements, where it was impossible for him before to score more than 2 runs now he makes 10-25 easily. Yusuf Pathan has been given a lot of chances to prove himself in T20..though I think he should be given some more chances, he bats at a very difficult spot and is a great part time bowler too. Irfan needs to come back as well.

Dhoni is banned for two ODIs for slow over rate.

Now yuvraj will comeback if fit.

i feel shite Pravin Kumar hould be replaced by rookie sudeep tyagi and persisted with rest 3 matches. at least there will be some fresh feel in the bowling department.

Anybody starting to think Sehwag is a better captain than Dhoni? :p Great series win today, atmosphere at the garden of Eden was electric by the time India came onto bat.

Gr8 partnership b/w Gauti n Kohli took us through. Good win and hope they make it 4-1 with the next game. But how come our bowlers are so poor with their efforts. Ishant i believe has turned into an idiot. His bowling this series made me tear my hair out.

Back