Indian HamRadio, Hobby Radio Lovers

wow, didnt know the license is a thing.. i thought ham radios are more popular with shtf/survival people..
You need to get a license to use it legally. In fact hunting illegal ham radio users is a popular sport among ham radio enthusiasts. There are 2 kinds of licenses: general and restricted. General allows you to use both short and long range equipment and restricted allows you to use only short range equipment. So, the exam for general license is tougher(it involves morse code transmission and reception) whereas restricted license exam involves only MCQs.
Not a licence holder ! But Eager to Get A Licence ! Are you A Licence Holder ? Need Guidance
Restricted license is easy enough to get, just basic electronics and communications engineering stuff with some regulations about ham radio.
4 decades back I have studied for it & never attempted for its license ....
Maybe you can try he exam now as it is a great hobby and also may come handy in times of natural disasters and other emergency situations.

Last edited:
In bangalore, there is a very active ham radio group . They provide ham radio classes ( mostly old folks doing in their free time ) super friendly, please let me know if you want details !

Jus casual info about weather, location, technology (restricted to transmit business ideas, politics, obscene things, terrorism, media)
Jus casual info about weather, location, technology (restricted to transmit business ideas, politics, obscene things, terrorism, media)
The main motive of this form of communication is to convey information during emergency situation (when internet or mobile is out) and disaster management

Last edited:
Back