Indian ministers choose to spend on themselves rather than on public

In times of recession when world leaders are trying to set an example by reducing their wages, the Indian ministers have chosen to set example of a different kind. Mayawati chooses to spend 300 crores on making her statues and allocates just 62 crores to drought hit areas. If this wasn’t enough she has asked more funds; No not for drought affected people but for her statues.

Bureaucrats have chosen to raise their food allowance by more than 100% rather than tackling the issue of higher prices prevailing in market. Leave that alone the government imported pulses and wheat to tackle higher prices. Wait this a good thing right? No. They imported at prices 50% greater than wholesale market price and 62 kiloton of pulses and wheat are rotting at Indian sea ports.

These politicians are wasting hard earned money, the money which was earned by us and not them. I am waiting for the day the politicians of this country choose to spend money wisely and give back to the people of this country what they deserve.

PS : Got fed up of the way in which poor people are living ( saw little children begging for food rather than money )

Link : My Blog

maybe that time is not far off when people will revolt against the indian government. The middle class (most of them) will as usual sit still, but the most affected, the poor will get things rolling.

the newspapers are politically motivated and dont do enough to highlight such idiot behaviour by those in power. instead they fill their pages with acts of violence (like rapes, murder, stabbings, etc), and concentrate more on celebrities than the welfare of the nation.

and people like me keep sitting at home ranting in obscure forums :p

this place is the dumps! and we have to blame ourselves for it!

I used to be in your category ( till today ) , i dropped the kids off to a nearby church cum school. will go on weekend to check.

I cant seem to see that "free education for all" thingie anywhere.. :|

When the law of land itself give them power and they are sure not in their remaining whole life they will b behind bars..or if they are they will have all facilities to enjoy.....than such stuff is small enough..Has any politican ever faced any tax related life imprisonment in india ever?

The bigger cake is the gas row.....no doubt either SP or Congress will pocket 1000 croroe in pocket from either of the bros..atleast here we know money is going in drain as statue....some ppl are given worked and paid for same...On gas side....its not that way

i guess shocking tab hota if these ppl had been doing their task.

its pretty mch the norms.

and i dont see educated ppl (read us) doing anything abt it.

i kept asking a frnd of mine who is with CNBC to cover the scam of the statues in noida.. repeatedly many a times..

nothing came out of it. i mean the channel wasnt interested or was afraid.

even the sector 15/14 guys slept on it until they thot lets do something for the sake of it.

Thats how educated respond.

Maybe all can take cue from this: A thousand say NO To Coal In Maharashtra

Heck, i dont even see my frnds throwing empty McD glasses and polythene bags in a bin cuz its placed far.

ultra vires said:
I used to be in your category ( till today ) , i dropped the kids off to a nearby church cum school. will go on weekend to check.

I cant seem to see that "free education for all" thingie anywhere.. :|

Excellent .........Kudos to people like u who go ahead and make a difference rather than just ............debate, crib, criticize and do nothing about it sitting on their pretty ass..........

@magnet : Yeah man someone is going to pocket hundreds of crore... Bloody why does it become a national matter everytime these 2 brothers decide to pick a fight.

Dhirubhai should be named the pioneer in corrupting indian politicians... that guy started all this :mad: and his sons are leading the way now.

I used to think that people who bail on India are bad people. Now I empathize with them and I think bailing out is a much better solution. Only when earners and tax payers like myself leave India and take our money along with us, is when these people realize.

Mayawati is the worst. I hate her to no bounds. She seems so full of stupid ideas, then how come these people are in power. Just on a the dalit vote? I feel that is impossible. All these sonia, manmohan, so called Intelligent people are just as useless.

ultra vires said:
In times of recession when world leaders are trying to set an example by reducing their wages, the Indian ministers have chosen to set example of a different kind. Mayawati chooses to spend 300 crores on making her statues and allocates just 62 crores to drought hit areas. If this wasn’t enough she has asked more funds; No not for drought affected people but for her statues.

Bureaucrats have chosen to raise their food allowance by more than 100% rather than tackling the issue of higher prices prevailing in market. Leave that alone the government imported pulses and wheat to tackle higher prices. Wait this a good thing right? No. They imported at prices 50% greater than wholesale market price and 62 kiloton of pulses and wheat are rotting at Indian sea ports.

These politicians are wasting hard earned money, the money which was earned by us and not them. I am waiting for the day the politicians of this country choose to spend money wisely and give back to the people of this country what they deserve.

PS : Got fed up of the way in which poor people are living ( saw little children begging for food rather than money )

Link : My Blog

She is spending Rs 1000 crore on establishing statues of elephants and herself. Can there be something more shameful than this in Indian politics?

blr_p said:
Has there been a history of other CMs doing the same thing ?

What proof u need .......

From generation statue regarding nehru rajiv gandhi,baba shaheb are being installed by the ruling party.......

But here the point is she is alive and she putting statue thats why she being dragged(i dont mean she shdnt b drag aisa kuch)...where at other places they say for dead person soul peace we doing
Dnt worry its democratcic country after she is gone(from power or world)..it will b destroyed and at that time ppl will say why 3000 crore stuff was demolished.......own cares abt the ppl who pays tax

MAGNeT said:
But here the point is she is alive and she putting statue thats why she being dragged(i dont mean she shdnt b drag aisa kuch)...where at other places they say for dead person soul peace we doing

Exactly, she is alive and whats more SHE is building these statues with public money.

Thats why i asked has anyone done this before. If so then we have a precedent and can expect the same in the future from others.

Is this because she is the first ever Dalit to be a CM and this fact should be recorded in stone for all time ?

I think the idea is ludicrous to begin with.

These statues are usually for ppl (no longer living) that have done a lot for the country. Of course the same is also done by dictators but i thought UP was a free state :)

Does she already believe she is in the same league now ?

Maybe and the funny thing is no one significant is saying otherwise :(

Thats what happens wen u give power and money to a person who is not fit enuf.

Similar to what non deserving ppl do wen they get college seats or jobs via quota.

then they abuse the opportunity they are gifted with.

Sch things shd always come gradually, after generations show signs of maturity.

Mayawati is no good in that regard. And whats more.. she did asked if Manmohan can be the PM why cant she hold that post one day.

She cant think, cant speak, aint educated and cant behave.. then has the cheek to ask sch a question.

May God have mercy on us and save us from witnessing that horrible day she so dearly awaits.

As i said b4..when u are sure.....no 1 can put u behind bars.....or even if does u will have all the facility like fridge ac and all stuff...u have no fear......

Also from wiki i came to know she paid 26 crore income tax what job she does???Beside being CM that she paid more personal tax than anil ambani 14 crore something...when u earn 1000croroe black money ...u deposit it in account.....and pay taxes on it..she knows no one will ask from where the money came ..whereas if we ppl deposit 10 lakhs are account is ceased or raid done

Back