Indiaplaza iPhone 5 still not shipped!

vb86

Adept
iPhone 5 was launched in India on the 2nd of November. On 5th November, I order one for my dad on Indiatimes. They gave a delivery date of 22nd November. On 22nd November I called them, and on 23rd morning, Bluedart delivered it.

On 8th November, I went to Indiaplaza.com. I went to the iPhone 5 32gb page. The item was listed as "preorder - expected shipment 1st week of November". This had been listed since the end of October. Since it was already the 8th, I thought they would ship it in a day or 2. Anyhow, I clicked on buy now and the page said, ships in 3 days. After that, I have repeatedly contacted them. They pushed the date to 15/11, then 30/11, then 15/12 and now they have no date. I have paid Rs 51k in advance. What is worse is that they ran the preorder till 30/11 despite having no stock. All other websites received their stock in the 1st week of November and then put it out of stock. The fact that these guys were running a "preorder" till the 30th means that they probably haven't received any stock till now.

Anyhow, these guys are willing to cancel the order but they can only reverse the transaction on the card. So, I will not get any cash back but 51k as credit lying in the credit card statement. I used my uncle's card and paid him cash. So this is not a solution. I have asked them to give me a cheque or cash but they refuse to do so! What will we do with 51k in his CC statement? He barely uses that card! What options do I have? Please help!

I'm not sure if you had read the not so good reviews about indiaplaza, they are leaders for providing nightmares to consumers.

Call indiaplaza and ask them to cancel transaction (once they do so, the card will get a reversal of 51k, which means there was no transaction at all), ask your uncle to pay back the cash :).

Thanks guys. I understand what you mean, but my uncle doesn't really want a reversal on his card since that particular card is rarely used. That is the problem. I don't want to unnecessarily bother him. Indiaplaza is refusing to issue a cheque or transfer money in my account!

There's no alternative pal, the card will get a reversal no matter what as India Plaza doesn't pay back the amount in any other form apart from the means it received. Though you are genuine, there are scammers out there who can use your card and ask a refund in their account.

Is it possible to encash the reversal from the credit card?

Nope, if your uncle has already paid the bill for 51k (pretty sure he has), in his next CC statement he'll see that his card has a balance of -51k (Credit balance), he can use it upto the extent of 51k and need not pay that amount, it'll be adjusted against his purchases.

But the OP doesn't want to transact on the card anymore, wants to take it out of the picture, which in simple words is 'not possible'

The best thing you can do if you dont wanna buy anything anymore is offer your card sevices to someone known in exchange for cash.

Ok, the credit card people said that they can transfer the credit amount to my uncle's bank account. Order cancelled! Thanks!

Ok, the credit card people said that they can transfer the credit amount to my uncle's bank account. Order cancelled! Thanks!

Sounds good, my SBI card Cust Care said they will adjust the credit balance for future purchases, so did the axis guys, not sure which cc you used, but guess you were lucky, dont use IP again ;).

ICICI. I was surprised. This was the reason why I had not been cancelling my order for so long. I double checked by calling ICICI again and speaking to someone else!

Back