India's first F1 race scheduled between 28th - 30th October!

Re: India's first F-1 race scheduled between 14th - 16th october!

This was announced about 1-2 months ago

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Hope the track gets built in time, Kalmadi's son is involved in this

If Kalmadi Son is Involved then better Beware ..... Like father.. Like Son

18 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi) * 28 - 30 Oct

* Subject to circuit approval

Good impression they have about us :D

This was declared few months back... when Calendar was released..

And this

*Subject to approval is nothing new.. Its there in case of every Race i.e Korea GP this year also had to be inspected a month before its schedule to see if it was ready.

Anyways in our case, I am almost confident that its not gonna happen in India next year, for whatever reasons - Political, Financial, Religious, Laziness or even Extraterrestrial.... Nevermind...

^ That's what the official F1 site said before the S.Korean track became fully functional as well.

i went for the shanghai gp this year and the infrastructure was huge, be it the facilities at the venue or the connectivity from the airport and other parts.. even if you look at other newer venues like abu dhabi, you can see that they've made a big effort in designing the whole venue. the structures and stands look amazing. even if India manages to hold the gp, i doubt their blueprints contain any grand plans!

Bernie Ecclestone visited the WIP circuit just after the cwg and said he was 'happy' with the progress of the track. If he's happy then I guess there are good chances that we might see a F1 race here next year ....

Those are routine words to prevent any alarms this early. Remember the CWG? Everyone was 'happy' till it was 10 days for the games to begin. One never knows.

It's not government managed, so there is a reasonably good possibility that the track will be up on time, whether it will land up becoming a white elephant is another thing altogether. I'm more worried about the track being a Tilke designed follow the leader fest.

soggy316 said:
It's not government managed, so there is a reasonably good possibility that the track will be up on time, whether it will land up becoming a white elephant is another thing altogether. I'm more worried about the track being a Tilke designed follow the leader fest.
As per reports (I'm not sure if we can believe them though), the track will be one of the fastest, with plenty of room for overtaking. Reportedly, many drivers felt the track design was very good, when they were asked for suggestions. It is supposedly also unforgiving on the machine, what with as much as 14m increase in height within the first 3 corners.

I just hope it is completed on time, and wish I manage to get a ticket for the inaugural Indian GP. :)

Jaypee Group Circuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian Grand Prix 2011 Circuit: F1 Race Track Exclusive Images | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog

I am really looking forward to watching this GP. Considering it is a private party at play here completely, we should be in for some good race. Approach roads is another thing since that would bring in the government 'forces'

Back