Audio Info About Affordable Sound Cards Needed

hey guys,

i need help buying a good sound card cheaper than Rs. 2500.

the purpose? i connected my guitar to my motherboard's soundcard (onboard ac97, abit ip35e) and tried recording some riffs (through the line in port) but there was noticeable latency from the time i strum my guitar to the time it takes for it to get replayed by my speakers and recorded with effects. the software i use for doing that is "guitar fx." i think tracerbullet introduced me to this software some years back and i decided to use it again since i play much better now, but the lag is annoying and i can't record and play that way. apart from that i get lots of cracking and popping sounds through my speakers while playing.

i need help here to know which card i should buy where the recording latency is so low that i can't even notice it's there ( < 1ms) but i don't want to spend too much. also, i need to know how a person can find out whether a soundcard is good or not because i don't know the first thing about soundcards, like, what are the latest technologies soundcards use? the sound quality differences, and stuff like that.

i was looking at the soundblaster audigy 7.1 since it seems affordable. do you think this will be what i need ?

sound people, i hope you're reading this! you're the few, the elite. please help me. lol

Back