Info about Glo fish in Mumbai

GloFish AFAIK are not available in India. They are banned in some places in the US, Canada and Europe to the fact that they are GM fish. The closest to GloFish that you'll find are fish called Zebra Danio's which are available in India. They are lovely fish to have, extremely fast swimmers and zippy. They thrive in 20+gallon cool freshwater tanks and are predominantly surface skimmers. I have kept them in large numbers and must say they are very hardy fish as well.

GloFish AFAIK are not available in India. They are banned in some places in the US, Canada and Europe to the fact that they are GM fish. The closest to GloFish that you'll find are fish called Zebra Danio's which are available in India. They are lovely fish to have, extremely fast swimmers and zippy. They thrive in 20+gallon cool freshwater tanks and are predominantly surface skimmers. I have kept them in large numbers and must say they are very hardy fish as well.

Can you share some pics of Zebra Danio's and even some video..want to see them in action...

irfanlai: Unfortunately I don't have any Zebra Danio's now, but I had taken this photograph of them years back when I had them in one of my 25 gallon tanks along with Tiger and Albino Barbs and also some Platies:

Photo0238.jpg

(The small pink fish with white stripes at the top of the tank are Zebra Danio's).

Here's a video I found on Youtube of Zebra Danio's:

EDIT: The OP could also look into keeping Neon Tetra's.

@agm_105 - If you can somehow contact Sheldon Cooper and if he is willing to help - You will learn how to make Luminious Fish.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back