psygeist

faun
Adept
Hi

I have zeroed in to these two

1. Roccat Kave
2. Asus Xonar D2X

But still I want to know impressions of members here about few queries:

1. Is Xonar Essense STX really that bad at gaming ? Will it make much of a difference compared to D2X ?
2. What are the other options for true 5.1 headphones ?
3. Where can I get the best deals ? I reside in Pune.

Stx is a stereo sound card and can't be used for 5.1 system.
If you need card for pure gaming/movies better to go for Creative/Auzentech X-fi cards.

vivacious_tg said:
Stx is a stereo sound card and can't be used for 5.1 headphones that has 3 TRS jacks.
Fixed. The card offers both the coaxial and optical outs so yes, it can be used with a 5.1 system that accepts digital inputs.

Gannu said:
Fixed. The card offers both the coaxial and optical outs so yes, it can be used with a 5.1 system that accepts digital inputs.
Thanks for fixing, actually I too mean the same :p and in the context I didn't feel to mention about digital out.

EAX is not the future, OpenAL is. Correct me if I am wrong.

Can you guys suggest me alternatives in soundcard within ~10k range ? It should be a long term investment.

Bro, i think u should also consider buying a good amp for the Kave's... it was suggested to me by a user in my thread which i started for an almost similar query...

and as if u are planning to pair it up with a good soundcard so things will get pretty top notch with the Kave+Amp+Good Soundcard combo...

Go for it..

Back