PC Peripherals INFO REQ: Twinmos Ram available here

Hi Guys,

I have seen most of the people here on TE recommending Twinmos over Transcend & Kingston.

Can someone educate me on it.
- Cost.
- Chips used on it and different chips available here.
- Is it better than Hynix D43 for OC on NF4
- What sort of timmings can it do.
- Is it value ram.
- Is this the best value ra mwe get here and whats the max one has reached at tight timings + low freq & loose timings + high freq.
- Can we get Twinmos easily here in Mumbai.
- How to identify original.
Plz guys educate me on this as i am unaware of info on Twinmos
Read a few posts reg it but still can someone explain it here.

I dont wanna buy it but wanted info for knowledge.

cost : 5500 per gig

chips used : normally ones made by PSC (Powerchip SemiConductors)..if u choose for 256 sticks, might get BH-5 UTT :D

much better than D43 :D

timings..ask phunkee..he owened them...

vlaue, yes. but the BH-5 UTT r pure perf...cud do 260MHz 2-2-2-5 at 3.3V on a DFI nf4

wow and we get those BH5 UTT chips here in mumbai.
u sure abt it sunny.

How do i identify this chip "BH5 UTT"
How much for 2 x 512MB
And what sort of timings can it do on DFI.

Are u sure that we get it here as i feel that i am dreaming.

The 512 sticks which I bought for Saiyan a week back had Powerchip i.e Mtec chips. So far it's done 220 @ 2.5-4-4-8 @ 2.7. Haven't pushed it yet. Will let u know tomorrow Quad.

Quad Master said:
wow and we get those BH5 UTT chips here in mumbai.
u sure abt it sunny.

I *sorta* had em ( Crazy_Eddy bought them for me, he tested them, 260MHz 2-2-2-5 memtest stable on his DFI nf4 Ultra )...now they are with darky..chk his sig rigs :p

AFAIK, there are no BH-5 UTT 512 sticks....only 256 avlbl....

I got two sticks for my friend 512x2. Mtec chips. Got it for 2150 each... Pretty cheap if you ask me... This is two days back i.e. on 22nd... Delhi price... havent overclocked it as it is his and he is scared to overclock ...

mtec has mtec written on it :p

actually, u have to see the part no printed on the sticker to identify the right RAM....

same with mtec and uccc.

Samsung uccc are ram chips and it has uccc written over it just like tccd or tcc5.

The powerchip hit their limit at 230-240Mhz.

Hynix will go more if you provide little extra juice to them.

And as far as twinmos with UCCC chips, thats only 1Gig model thats having the UCCC chips.

Mtec = powerchip.

Choice really depends.

On DFI twinmos CADT has given me hard time.

Does Twinmos with [Mtec = powerchip] does tight timmings at stock speed
Can suggest this ra mt omy friends whi like to run there pc at stock speed,
but atleast can tweak there ram timings for some more performance.

I can run it 2-3-3-7 at default voltage, @ DDR 200 speeds. For doing 220(2.5-3-3-7), you need to pump voltage up to 2.8 ( currently running the same)

@ Amol, try 2.7 VDimm. Was able to do 223 @ 2.7 ( 2.5-4-4-8 ) with Saiyan's TwinMOS CADT. Strange that Saiyan's RAM failed at 220 with 2.5-3-3-7 timings @ 2.7v.

@quadmaster, i paid 5400 for it , around 3 months back, no idea about the current price.

@Freaky - I could peak max @ 2.5-4-4-7 @ 2.8 v and 225 mhz. I keep 220 mhz though and SPD timings 2.5-3-3-7.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are two models of powerchip twinmos available aparantly in the market.

They seems to use different PCBs. And have different part numbers.

One seems to overclock well and one does not.

I will get all details soon and post here.

Twinmos workes great on asus boards. I have no problem touching 250 on mine. But yeah mine never did 2-3-3-7 even at stock speed but it did 2.5-3-3-7 @ 240 and 2.5-4-4-8 @ 250.

No go with 3-x-x-x at any speed strangly.

i am running mine at 200Mhz@2-3-3-6 with 2.6v and 1T timings ..... it can do 250Mhz@2.5-4-4-8 but with 2T timings and 2.8v .... with 2-3-3-6 and 1T max it can go is 212Mhz with 2.6v .... haven't OCed it much but PCjedi was running them with 3v without any problems .... i got is for 2550 per stick

Back