Insane speeds in airtel broadband today

vizz

Disciple
Jan 26, 2010
I'm on 899Rs airtel broadband plan with 1Mbps speed until 10GB FUP limit and 256kbps after the fair usage limit. Today when I checked speedtest.net, I was shocked to see 6Mpbs download speed and so I started a torrent just to see if it's a short time thing.. The 700MB torrent completed with avg speed of 690KBps (min 640-max 770).

FYI, I'm from chennai

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

wr8_utd

Adept
Oct 21, 2009
There was a period of 3 days last year when I got around 800-900 kbps download speeds. I downloaded like crazy haha :D

vizz

Disciple
Jan 26, 2010
just a small update on this - this speed spike lasted for exactly 15 days(until the end of billing period).:( but the good thing is now im getting 2mbps instead of 1mbps:) airtel rocks... :yay:

Parth34

Disciple
Sep 27, 2011
I applied for a 4 mbps plan on Airtel last month and still getting only 2 mbps because my line is synced to 2.5 mbps, I think Airtel is fooling 50-80 % of the users on the 4 mbps plans by giving only 2 mbps speeds or what you call a "bug"

HailStonE

Skilled
Sep 29, 2006
Parth34 said:
I applied for a 4 mbps plan on Airtel last month and still getting only 2 mbps because my line is synced to 2.5 mbps, I think Airtel is fooling 50-80 % of the users on the 4 mbps plans by giving only 2 mbps speeds or what you call a "bug"

There you go... Goes for all their offerings...

Parth34

Disciple
Sep 27, 2011
HailStonE said:
There you go... Goes for all their offerings...

Half of the airtel cc team have no idea about what is going on. One of the cc representatives told me that my plan will start from next billing cycle i.e 6th October. But the plan was still not activated on 6th October. Then on 6th October, the cc guy says that "I cancelled the request as I didn't have knowledge about the plan" which is BS. I complained to CC regarding this and the cc guy told me that my new plan will be activated within 4-5 days. Even after 4-5 days, my new plan was still not activated. When I complained to Customer Care again, the representative says that the plan is not available in my area. When I spoke to one of the senior representatives, he says that my plan will START FROM NEXT BILLING CYCLE(AGAIN). Airtel is seriously pathetic

Infected

Skilled
Jun 26, 2008
www.ivysuites.in
^^ They did this to me for 3 billing cycles,...

Then I finally got fed and put a request to cancel my account.

3 days later the collection agency called me, and I told them I was not gonna pay irrespective of what they feel

as I had placed a request to change my plan in June and was not done till Sep. and I aint gonna pay whatever they charge me

as thats not the service I want anyway.

3 days after that call the Airtel people call me, apologies for not changing my plan and change my plan, activate my net,

and say they will call me back for the settlement for the previous 3 months!!!

I hate airtel!!!