Laptops Inspiron 1525 body change

-Anish-

Skilled
Hey,

I needed some information about changing the body of my Inspiron 1525. A couple of scratches here and there, so its time i change the body.

Can I change the outer shell which is white in colour as well as the inner shell (silver) ?

I contacted Dell Tech Support and they say my laptop is out of warranty. If i want to change the body, i need to extend my warranty which is a friggin 8500 bucks :S (just to change the body, is that true ?)

Any help would be appreciated :)
|Anish|

Why not just get a laptop skin instead? If the body is only scratched and not broken, a skin would make more sense (and be much more economical).

AK3D said:
Why not just get a laptop skin instead? If the body is only scratched and not broken, a skin would make more sense (and be much more economical).

^+1 he is right !
i am too having a dell inspiron 1525 in red colour and if i'm not wrong dell provides 3 yrs of warranty.

Not always a design, you can have plainish skins as well. You would have to check at a few places on Lammy though, perhaps someone else can guide you in that regard.

ok, but the skin is only for the outer shell right ? not for the inner shell near the touchpad area ?

@ Sachin > my lappy just got the basic 1 year warranty which has already expired on May 17 :(

Can someone give me a link where i can view and choose some good laptop skins ?

Thank you AK3D, i will browse through the links.

But a couple of questions here.

What when i want to remove the skin, will it leave any glue residue on the laptop?

I dont see any skins for the handrest area, are you sure we get that ?

AFAIK, it leaves no residue when you remove it - from what I read in the forums. A couple of friends have skins on their laptops, but they've not wanted to remove them yet!

I saw a few skins with pieces for the handrest area on 3acp.com. Browse through those sites and see.

@sachin : the standard inspiron config comes with 1 yr warranty only

may be u also have 1 yr warranty either u dont know or u paid extra for 3yr warranty!!:p

no i dont think its worth paying 8500 for extra warranty if u can take care of u lappy from falls etc...

i know it can happen anytime despite extra care but still 8500 is way tooo much!!

Back