INSPIRON 15R DEAL from USA

pratik.176

Disciple
Hi

I am interested in buying a DELL Inspiron 15R , as well as benefit from the XMAS/Black Friday Deals from USA .

The laptop is currently priced 360 USD on bestbuy : -

Dell Inspiron 15.6" Laptop 4GB Memory 500GB Hard Drive I15RM-1766BK - Best Buy

1.Just wondering if it would be more convenient to use Shop&Ship to courier this to INdia .
OR , ship it to my friend in CANADA ,who would be coming in around mid december ? Which one would be cheaper in terms of DUTIES/TAXES ?

2.How is an AMD core performance wise , on a laptop ??

3.Does DELL have an option for International warranty , while buying stuff from outside INDIA ?

4.Also, any ideas if I should wait further till December first week for prices to go further down ?

Thanks

At the current exchange rate the laptop works out to almost ~20k INR. I would say better buy one from India. Asus and Lenovo laptops with USB 3.0 and Intel Pentium processors (Sandy bridge based) can be bought for ~22k-24k.

Dell does offer international warranty. It can be transferred from USA region to India region. But I am not sure whether this applies to laptops bought from best buy.

It applies to laptops bought from their US website (Except ones that have carry-in warranty)

The GPU in that Dell laptop performs pretty decently and is better than the Intel HD graphics. But the CPU is pretty avg and comparable to C2D processors. The Intel PDC B940 is much better than this CPU.

But if you want to have one with original W7 pre installed then the laptop is a decent deal for that price.

Back