Installed 3 mod apk. One giving warning (device at risk)

Futureized

Skilled
Installed 3 mod apks 2 tools and 1 game.
One of those is giving error on android mobile.
Check attachment.
Uninstalled and re-installed new version of tool.
Other 2 apks not giving error.
Should I remove the app?
Disabled Google play protect, but error still appears.
Check screenshot.

How do I check what harmful activity app is making?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-27-13-54-16-011_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-12-27-13-54-16-011_com.miui.home.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 173
Uninstall it right away.

U can never be sure if a modded apk is stealing ur data. I personally only install modded apks if they dont require internet connection.

If u badly want to use this app, get it from another source (run it through virustotal) and block its network access.

Op, I am a little curious, why do u need a modded Gallery app??

Uninstall it right away.

U can never be sure if a modded apk is stealing ur data. I personally only install modded apks if they dont require internet connection.

If u badly want to use this app, get it from another source (run it through virustotal) and block its network access.

Thanks ran a scan and here are results.

Attachments

• GALLERY APK.png
    GALLERY APK.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 149
here copy pasting form somewhere
> Android.PUA.DebugKey refers to a false positive when you use google test keys pre-configured with Free Edition. There is nothing to worry about as it is surely false positive.

Disabled Google play protect, but error still appears.
its hard to explain the malpractices of google.. they want "everything" under their control, and they change app guidelines to satisfy their need, which often results legitimates apps flagged as virus.
This error is for the app developer to "Fall in line" else google will remove their app from store.
Unfortunately we cant do much about it, try to find previous/newer version of this app and see if if that works.

Uninstall it right away.

stop scaring people without knowing facts. mods for reputed release never does what you are trying to say, in-fact they strip all tracking and spying codes implanted by google/developer.

You probably dont even know the source/names of legitimate mod releases.
If you one is so concern about their data, they should not be using android or any google services in first place.

Last edited:
Android.PUA.Debugkey simply means apk has been decompiled and rebuilt using a debug key ( majority of modded apks are built like this). This is in itself not a security risk.

But there is no reason to ignore the play protect warning you are getting.

I suggest you uninstall this apk and find another apk from mobilism from any reputed modder. Or you can simply use a different gallery app or buy this one in playstore.

Thanks for information and knowledge shared above..
Enabled Google Play Protect Again and ran a scan.
*(no issues were detected)*

But surprised what was issue earlier, as a precaution uninstalled app and re-installed again..
And no issues with modded apk.. !! (Even after Google Play protect scan)

Thanks google.. time to make us buy adware/malware/spyware/anti-viruses.. history repeats
!

Thanks for information and knowledge shared above..
Enabled Google Play Protect Again and ran a scan.
*(no issues were detected)*

But surprised what was issue earlier, as a precaution uninstalled app and re-installed again..
And no issues with modded apk.. !! (Even after Google Play protect scan)

Thanks google.. time to make us buy adware/malware/spyware/anti-viruses.. history repeats
!
play protect is a scam to scan your phone - it tack user behaviours such as how many app you use, where you paid, etc. so that google make your profile and send a targeted algorithm after you to extract money from you.

i generally side-load apps so that it doesn't get tagged with my mail.
you will be surprised to know if we do virus scan from aps download from google own app store chances are may be flagged for viruses, i first discovered it in google keep app, and later in their photo app.

Here is an example - get this apk https://play.google.com/?id=fm.castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast&gl=US & go for a scan, it has a spyware "AndroidOS/Banker.AR.gen!Eldorado" which track keystore when user visit bank sites.
here is the scan result - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...f82d6b174846eb8f6a565406f268090e99f?nocache=1
Capture.PNG

So what Google Play Protect is doing ? why google is not taking down this app
Because its objective is not what you think.. it sole objective to scan your content, extract EXIF information from all your photos and videos, hash files and send it to sundar pichai.

When someone says, virus/spyware in android platform - safely ignore them. just dont pay for anything which is intangible.

there isn;t any data privacy, specially if any of the condition is true:
1. residing in India
2. Has adhar card link with mobile number
3. used COWin app
4. using Jio network
5. used arogya setu

just ensure you are safe from banking side, safeguard your money. rest nothing much we can do.

Last edited:
play protect is a scam to scan your phone - it tack user behaviours such as how many app you use, where you paid, etc. so that google make your profile and send a targeted algorithm after you to extract money from you.

i generally side-load apps so that it doesn't get tagged with my mail.
you will be surprised to know if we do virus scan from aps download from google own app store chances are may be flagged for viruses, i first discovered it in google keep app, and later in their photo app.

Here is an example - get this apk https://play.google.com/?id=fm.castbox.audiobook.radio.podcast&gl=US & go for a scan, it has a spyware "AndroidOS/Banker.AR.gen!Eldorado" which track keystore when user visit bank sites.
here is the scan result - https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...f82d6b174846eb8f6a565406f268090e99f?nocache=1
View attachment 123165

So what Google Play Protect is doing ? why google is not taking down this app
Because its objective is not what you think.. it sole objective to scan your content, extract EXIF information from all your photos and videos, hash files and send it to sundar pichai.

When someone says, virus/spyware in android platform - safely ignore them. just dont pay for anything which is intangible.

there isn;t any data privacy, specially if any of the condition is true:
1. residing in India
2. Has adhar card link with mobile number
3. used COWin app
4. using Jio network
5. used arogya setu

just ensure you are safe from banking side, safeguard your money. rest nothing much we can do.
Please simple english language..
Humse Na ho payega @ramadhir signhji

Back