Linux installing realtek alc650 drivers to get 5.1 sound in linux

i downloaded my realtek alc650 drivers for linux during installing i get the following error after the ./configure command.

Please, install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
sources (default is /usr/src/linux).

techmaster said:
i downloaded my realtek alc650 drivers for linux during installing i get the following error after the ./configure command.

Please, install the package with full kernel sources for your distribution
or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another directory with kernel
sources (default is /usr/src/linux).

What distro are you using? The latest ones shouldnt have a problem with alc650 . The drivers should already be present.

Hi, I guess you did not install the kernel source files during the installation ...

Check your Suse installation disk, in the directory which contains all the RPM packages, there should a package "kernel-source-[version number].rpm". Install this using RPM, and then run ./configure again. Post if you still get the error.

I am not familiar with Suse, so I dunno if it uses ALSA or not ... anyway try running the following

It should detect your soundcard and install the modules for it.

BTW, check the documentation of your sound card driver, there will be instructions on how to activate it.

ok i got it to work whenever linux starts i have to run the command modprobe i810_audio.
under sound devices i have 2 devices
1.Ausutek multimedia audio controller
2.Asustek nforce audio
when i do details of an go to the drivers tab i get following info

for 1 i get
Driver Info #0:
Driver Status: nvsound is not active
Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe nvsound"

for 2 i get
Driver Info #0:
Driver Status: nvsound is not active
Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe nvsound"
Driver Info #1:
Driver Status: i810_audio is not active
Driver Activation Cmd: "modprobe i810_audio"

If i run the modprobe i810 command and sound is back
but if i run modprobe nvsound command 1st then linux hangs.i have manually restart it.
but after running the modprobe i810_audio if i run modprobe nvsound then the driver status will change to active.Status of both drivers is active.
i want to use the nvsound drivers.

Back