Car & Bike Insurance for New Car CRETA

eraviii

Disciple
Getting Delivered in a week CRETA 1.5 SX IVT , Dealer(Sankey Road, Bangalore) allowed me to take insurance from outside.

I did check policy bazar for new car insurance quotes found it far better than what dealer was quoting 85k, almost under 40k i am getting it from policy bazar.
Please suggest if there are good and bad experience with insurance companies if you have faced so i can avoid that company.

I am considering Kotak and ACKO insurance as of now. Heard bitter experiences with reliance, tata AIG and others. Please advise so i can take measures up and choose the right company.

Checked with nearest service center, they are okay with any company surprisingly. Also, what are the addons to be taken as part of extra. I'm definitely considering Bumper to Bumper + 3rd Party (Addons - 24x7, Engine protection, Key lost replacement).

TIA :D

Have made 2 claims.

1) New India Assurance: Avoid! You have to do all the running around for claims. Everything from pushing papers to getting the surveyor to workshop. Would not recommend.

2) Tata AIG: Average, YMMV. Opted them mostly because the A.S.S is tied up for faster claims. However, I found claim process slow. Needs multiple follow ups but youll get there eventually.

Overall, TAta AIG worked OK for me. Their Helpdesk is quiet responsive however let down by claim turn around time and high premium rates.

Dont go for the new age guys like Acko, many people have had very bad service from them. Most of the older players are fine. Have been using Future Generale and its very good. ICICI and HDFC are also good.

Since it is your first insurance so the following ad ons are a must,
1) Zero dep aka bumper to bumper.
2) Return to invoice (In case of total loss or theft you will be paid the amount mentioned on invoice, very good for a new car)
3) Key replacement (costs peanuts but very handy if you ever loose your key)
4) Engine protection is needed if you live in a flood prone area. Any accidental damage is already covered in insurance and other faults are covered under warranty. Still I recommend to take it because the car is new, just don't renew it after one year.
5) Cost of consumables. (costs very less but helpful in reducing the bill in case of minor accidents and a life saver in case of anything bigger)
6) Road side assistance. Skip it if your car already has it.
Other things not needed,
Cashless tie up with the showroom. Don't pay extra (even in future) just because your showroom claims to have a cashless tie up with the insurance company. These tie ups keep on changing and you may end up paying from your pocket at the time of claim. I had no issue with non cashless claim with HDFC ERGO.
I recommend HDFC ergo but many others are good as well. You can go to the website of a company and see their prices as well. Many ad ons are not available on policy bazar but you can get those if you go to the website directly.

Thank you all, i will keep in mind . Looking towards hdfc ergo now. bharti Axa is taken up by ICICI now. Will try that as well.

Get a quotation with all above mentioned things and ask showroom to match it or let you get it from outside. They will match it. Just make sure it covers everything. The main reason to get from them is cause its cashless. Saves lot of hassle.

Got Quote from ICICI lombard for 40k, showed it to dealer . After lot of bargain he agreed to match the price. One hell of a task this was. Got insured at 40k now..

I haven't ever bought a car so
allowed me to take insurance from outside
What does this mean? What function does the dealer have apart from selling you the car? Isn't it entirely up to you where you buy insurance? What say can they possibly have in it?

ACKO was really good for me, clear policy, explanation and it was done hassle free. Also, you should take bumper to bumper, zero dep for the first 3 years, after dont believe you get these options.

Back