Graphic Cards Intel DG31PR + ATI RADEON HD5570 - Good combination?

In think #Alpha17 has already explained it pretty clearly. There is no multicolour branding for this card.. The seller is probably an idiot. If you notice the card picture is also wrong.. That's not a real HD6670.. Here are all the Sapphire HD 6670 models..

Sapphire Technology Web Site

I am also biased towards Sapphire since its a pretty good brand for AMD cards. The service turnaround would be much better then Gigabyte since all they are dealing is in GPU only..

HailStonE, tag function has reverted to the old fashioned @<handle>, e.g. @HailStonE.

Thanks for the link to all the HD 6670 models by Sapphire, Cheerio!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HailStonE & Alpha17:
I guess i've to stay away from these vendors, then.

Ive finally rounded Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR5 of IT wares thro ebay.
Will the DDR5 play well with my DG31PR mobo? :help:

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

And btw, thanks for the sapphire link. :D

---------- Post added at 04:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

Its easy. Add '@' before the user name without space/ @ + Gearbox = Gearbox
If you reply for two ppl, you've to use two @'s before their names. @+name1 and @+name2

I meant # tags which never worked for me... Thanx for the @ info though..

As already said earlier, GPU memory is only for GPU use & it doesn't gets affected by your system. I don't see it interfering anywhere but would definitely give more frame rates in games...

Ive finally rounded Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR5 of IT wares thro ebay.
Will the DDR5 play well with my DG31PR mobo? :help:

It will work fine mate, as long as you have a PCIe slot on your motherboard nothing more to worry about.

The Graphic DDR5 --> memory does not interact with any components of your setup [actively], it is exclusively there to serve as a frame-buffer for your GPU and then send them to the RAM / CPU for further processing and finally when the frame needs to go on display, it goes from here.

A few helpful links --> GDDR - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!!

I've ordered Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5 in TheItwares.com via ebay on Monday.
Unfortunately, i got a call today that 'the last Sapphire HD6670 1GB DDR5' in stock was damaged.

My options are:
1. Get a refund back or
2. Select another Graphic card.

BTW, Can anyone tell me about their experience/reviews with MSI RADEON 6670 1 GB DDR5 ?

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

BTW, Can anyone tell me about their experience/reviews with MSI RADEON 6670 1 GB DDR5 ?

When i googled, i've found there are 2 versions of MSI 6670 with 'Dual fan' and 'Single fan'. --> MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R6670-MD1GD5
Whats the difference between the versions?

When i googled, i've found there are 2 versions of MSI 6670 with 'Dual fan' and 'Single fan'. --> MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R6670-MD1GD5
Whats the difference between the versions?

Well from the website specifications it seems both cards are same in every-count apart from the fact that one has a dual-fan cooler + shroud, whilst the latter has a single fan + heatsink setup for cooling the GPU.

Between the two if there is not huge price difference go for the dual-fan version at the cost of being noisier it will run cooler and in-fact you can reduce the speed of the fan(s) and it should still be able to run cooler.

@ALPHA17 - Thanks for the insight. Warrantywise, MSI has 3 years warranty, whereas Sapphire has 2.

Will MSI 6670 are in par with Sapphire 6670 performance & warranty?

@ALPHA17 - Thanks for the insight. Warrantywise, MSI has 3 years warranty, whereas Sapphire has 2.

Will MSI 6670 are in par with Sapphire 6670 performance & warranty?

Performance wise both cards are equal as they are using a common chip.

Warranty wise also I think they should be equal but I have heard that in-case a product line goes EoL, MSi offers very poor credit receipts in lieu of a replacement card [so this can be an issue].

I have experience with MSi replacement after my graphics card died due to a manufacturing flaw, they replaced with a brand new card of the same type with a slightly better cooler on it, have been using it since.

It was one of my first n00b threads here, here it is --> http://www.techenclave.com/graphic-cards/my-card-getting-fried-plz-91218/p2/#post1081919

I finally bought Sapphire HD6670 1GB GDDR5 in eBay [Thanks to all those who commented above] and am using it along with Dynet DDR2 RAM 2GB.
Sometimes i feel that my system is behaving SLOW when comparing to earlier times.

Moreover i also heard Radeon cards borrow some memory from PC RAM's for additional video memory. [I suppose the term is HYPERMEMORY].

1. Do you feel the slowness is because of little RAM bottlenecking the pc's performance?
2. Whether i've to increase my RAM?
3. If, can you suggest some RAM options (capacity + brand)?

Back