Intel hd4000 onboard driver and hdmi incompatibility

MAGNeT

Skilled
I have changed my system to intel 3570k with asus maximux v gene board and using corsaiir vengeance ram.
Now coming to the exact issue.
Using windows 7 X64 SP 1 all updates updated excluding the chipset driver.

As soon as i update it and enable it the systems fails to detect hdmi and screen remains off as soon as system by passes windows loading screen.
The system do start as i am able to hear the windows loading sound.
Because of this trouble i cant even view a photo clearly as by default it takes standard vga driver which is even older than directx 8 type and as soon as i enlarge a basic photo it goes into pixellation.

Watching movie is as if i am watching 1970 generation VHS.Also a basic solitaire game too gives hardware acceleration failing error.
The problem is the board only has HDMI port.And right now i am in no hurry to buy gfx card.

Any idea how to sort this driver-hdmi copatibility issue?

Uninstall all graphics drivers.

Reboot in safe mode.

Ensure 'standard VGA Driver' is installed.

Reboot.

Download at least two versions of drivers, as newer drivers may not be fully compatible or tested by Intel to work correctly on older hardware. This is normal for Intel.

Install driver, and check if the device works. However note that Intel graphics can be fickle at best, specially post the integration with CPU. Not everything works well or consistently. I would suggest a cheap beginner card, or a used one, to help out temporarily.

Cable is immaterial if the device is not recognised. We cannot see the driver state in the screenshots you have posted. If in doubt, post all 4 tabs of the device properties page.

Driver status, not dxdiag.

My computer->right click->Properties->Device Manager->Display adapter->Properties, there should be 4 tabs.

Post a System Information file.

Please Google if you don't know how to generate this file.

Its not working. Says Invalid Download Link when clicking on slow download button. Zip the files and put it on box or some other good site which is not blocked by ISP.

OK here are a couple of things to try.

1. Disable the Intel HDMI Audio device in BIOS

2. Try a HDMI-DVI cable or converter to hook up your monitor.

Basically it looks like the adapter is not able to read the monitor EDID and hence the driver is unable to set the resolution correctly.

Of course we cannot eliminate the processor or motherboard being defective, but let's get there slowly.

Attach pictures and files to your post if possible. This file hosting stuff is horrible for mobile/tablet users like us.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 121
Update::Sorry couldnt comment earlier as some family medical emergency happened.
1::Tried disabling HDMI in bios.Didnot helped on contrary audio got completely disabled.Had to re-enable.
2::ALso tried 3-4 different windows 7 setup and it didn't worked.
Now i plan to get the converter and try.WIll also try windows 8.1 but later.
Just a doubt should i get it from ebay costing 300 bucks or do i check some other site.I am not sure to get it from any other3place than ebay.Cant make visit to local market as i am still caught in something.

Back