Intel Launches new X58 board with USB 3.0

^^

IUt's atoo late for all standards usual of Intel to do so :) so this whole thread is rather LAME nothing against you Sire bur this is a really useless news :(

ALPHA17 said:
^^
IUt's atoo late for all standards usual of Intel to do so :) so this whole thread is rather LAME nothing against you Sire bur this is a really useless news :(
The NEWS has significance as the introduction of INTEL boards with support for USB3 marks the entry of USB3 usage into mainstream computing.
Overclockers might not use INTEL motherboard but it is more widely used in Desktop OEMs and also normal users who need more stable motherboards at VFM.

And to add to that u cant OC the Sandy Bridge proccies by more than 3-5% in the normal versions and need a pricier unlocked multi K-series ones for OCing. Only i5 and i7 K series proccies will be released and they cost ~$216 and $320 respectively. The days of budget OCing from Intel side is almost over.

As senfunn says its a good sign that intel mobos are starting to get USB 3.0 ports. They have been resisting it to promote their own light peak tech in the future.

senfunn said:
The NEWS has significance as the introduction of INTEL boards with support for USB3 marks the entry of USB3 usage into mainstream computing.

Overclockers might not use INTEL motherboard but it is more widely used in Desktop OEMs and also normal users who need more stable motherboards at VFM.
More stable boards at VFM eat my boots off I think it much more value to spend 11K on an MSI X58 PRO-E motherboard than 13K on a Intel motherboard with USB 3.0 it can overclock and has a much more stable power MOSFET design and enough heatsinks and I think a Gigabyte GAX58 UD3R based board @ 13K will be a worthy counter to this board, and as usual AMD still has VFM title slap a Hex-core on a sub-4K board ( 760G/780G/785G based chipset ) try that on the awesome Intel i7 series

ALPHA17 said:
More stable boards at VFM eat my boots off I think it much more value to spend 11K on an MSI X58 PRO-E motherboard than 13K on a Intel motherboard with USB 3.0 it can overclock and has a much more stable power MOSFET design and enough heatsinks and I think a Gigabyte GAX58 UD3R based board @ 13K will be a worthy counter to this board, and as usual AMD still has VFM title slap a Hex-core on a sub-4K board ( 760G/780G/785G based chipset ) try that on the awesome Intel i7 series
I didn't say that this intel motherboard is VFM. I said once INTEL starts off USB3 support, it will soon start its support on cost effective VFM boards which are widely used by majority of people who don't even know or bother to know what MOSFET or heatsink means.

Additionally INTEL will push to support USB3 on its native chipsets and you can see the surge in the usage of USB3 after that.

^^

Okay you are doing a double-take that Intel is adopting an industry standard because it wants people to use USB 3 I thought you mentioned Light Peak, you are speaking like tomorrow Bill Gates comes out and starts promoting ---- :rofl: :rofl:

"LINUX THE OS OF THE FUTURE"

Bro get your bearing rights, buying a USB 3.0 500GB HDD ~ 3.5K ( standards cost 2.5K ) + 1.5K for the cable is plain unreasonable for the common guy who is happy with USB 2.0 in the utilitarian mode speed yeah I'm not arguing :) and this so they can just experience the awesomeness of the

Newly released Intel Sandy-Bridge or the recently Deceased Nehelam based systems you have a point I think I'll jump ship from AMD to Intel just for this reason

Back