CPU/Mobo Intel prepares Core i7 875K CPU

Anubis

Skilled
Intel prepares Core i7 875K CPU

corei7nlogo.png

K stands for Unlocked

Intel has finally realized that unlocking some CPUs completely is not a bad idea and it looks like it's planning to introduce some new completely unlocked CPUs.

In the first days of June Intel plans to release Core i7 875K, which will be the first unlocked socket LGA1156 CPU. It fits on P55 powered motherboards and it is overclocking enabled CPU.

This means that this CPU will allow full control over the processor frequency ratio for the best possible overclocking results. The TDP of this CPU is 95W and your board will need a bios update to work. It's a quad-core CPU with Turbo Boost and dual channel DDR3 1333 memory support.

We don’t know the exact frequency but we believe that it should be close to 3.0GHz, simply as Core i7 870 works at 2.93GHz. So the logic is quite sound, when you see the K suffix, it will mean that you are getting the completely unlocked CPU.

Fudzilla - Intel prepares Core i7 875K CPU

Sadly it might end up costing more than a 920. Although an unlocked multi i7 thats affordable on a affordable platform is quite an idea. Probably the best for gamers and budget benchers.

Maybe brother . We can never predict Intel . It Intel can release another 10k+ dual core then everything's possible

But to tell you frankly Phenom II x6 will dig Intel's grave

A 6 core for 10k-15k is mind blowing .

I'm really looking forward to these processors:-

Phenom II X4 955 95W

&

Phenom II X4 940T(2 cores disabled Thuban)

I hope at least one of them get a 7k price tag, then it will be MINE!!!!!

Intel to launch two overclockable processors in June and July
Intel plans to launch two processors - Core i7-875K and Core i5-655K - that have unlocked multipliers and are targeting the gaming market, according to sources from motherboard makers.
The 32nm dual-core Core i5-655K will be launched in early June, while the 45nm quad-core Core i7-875K will be launched in late July, the sources noted.
Intel will launch on April 18 its dual-core 45nm Pentium E5500 and 32nm Core i5-680, the former priced at US$64 and latter US$284, the sources said.
In early June, Intel will launch the 45nm quad-core Core i7-880 for US$562, the 32nm dual-core Core i3-550 for US$133 and the 45nm Pentium E6700 for US$84, the sources said, adding all prices are in thousand-unit tray quantities.
In additional news, channel price of Intel's recently launched Core i7-980X has increased from the launch price of NT$35,000 (US$1,100) to NT$37,000, as the processor is currently in tight supply in Taiwan, the sources said.
Motherboard makers are also preparing more X58 motherboards ahead of Intel's upcoming launch its six-core processors, the sources added.

Back