Storage Solutions Intel SSD 250gb not detecting

nRiTeCh

Skilled
I got this Intel ssd 510 series 250gb which belongs to one of my colleagues.
Its not getting detected.

Seem sit completely dead.

Model: SSDSC2MH250A2

Any popular tool to diagnose it or even bring it back to life?

IN intel ssd tool it shows 100% disk health but its not getting initialized either via MBR or GPT as the busy cursor goes on and on.
This ssd was used on Mac and contains mac partition.

What tools can we use on windows to make it actually initialized and put to some use?

Command Prompt (with administrative rights) -> diskpart -> list discs -> find your disc number and 'select number' -> Clean.

You should then be able to reinitialize the disc through Disc Manager.

There's some serious issue partitioning ssd under linux and windows so dumping it. Dont know why Intel tools says its health is good.

I had the exact same issue on my Intel 330 series disc. Took less than 60 seconds to fix it, using the steps I mentioned earlier.
What I meant is during the OS installation for both the linux and windows, the swap and basic partitions too cannot be created and gave out errors hence I assume the disk is gone.
Will try your method as last resort tomorrow.

Better Yet, easiest way to get rid of all logical partitions and EFI blah,blah,blah... is to use a SeaGate external hard disk Connector and use it to connect the drives. It will pop up for initialisation for sure either on a PC or mac. If it doesn't work on either, you might just have a lemon. If you do get to initialise it in mac, use GPT with Mac OS Extended Formatting. Then plug it into a windows.

Back