[Interest Check] - Kesar Mangoes

Update,
Got a call from friend.. they are out of stock. Ebay listing is taken off.

They had 400 boxes of ripe mangoes & almost 390 were sold out. Few boxes left were kept for ebay but as you know ripe mangoes will go bad in this heat.
Gujarat is reaching at 43 degrees C.

Mangoes with carbide looks fresh & very ripe for atleast 6 days (you can see in market) but they dont use carbide hence the natural life of fruit is short.

I guess one person ordered from TE in noon & they dispatched in evening itself but due to delay in air cargo it may take time in reaching Navi Mumbai Belapur. Few mangoes in last orders were received in bad condition due to heat hence they have decided not to ship ripe fruit outside Gujarat.

They will be getting new stock. Picked up from tree, washed, cleaned & shipped. NO carbide.
Once person receives it you may have to keep them in warm place & let it ripe. (2-4 days)

Please post here if you would be interested in UNRIPE mango.

@Praks

I have a question. My dad bought some Kesar mangoes from a family friend. They are all unripe. But the problem is that many of them are getting bad before getting ripe.
What might be the cause and any way to mitigate this ?
How do we ripe them ? As of now we have kept them on table with onions in between and covered with chaddar to give heat.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Praks

I have a question. My dad bought some Kesar mangoes from a family friend. They are all unripe. But the problem is that many of them are getting bad before getting ripe.
What might be the cause and any way to mitigate this ?
How do we ripe them ? As of now we have kept them on table with onions in between and covered with chaddar to give heat.

Are Chemicals/Pesticides removed from it ? As it will stop natural ripening to an extent.

Never heard of Onions.. Pick up a warm blanket (pull out from winter collection) or best would be Jute bags. Keep all mangoes in that.

Its called "Dhabo" In Gujju. Ask your parents, They will be aware of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back