[Interest Check] - Kesar Mangoes

Mango boxes are still under discussion. Looking for strong & good quality boxes at good price.
Pricing should be out only after irridation process & certification (if any) as Govt agencies charges extra for this.

Can members share which option they would like to purchase from.
1 - Direct NEFT bank account transfer
2 - Sites - Ebay.in /Snapdeal
3 - Online store with CC payment functionality. (personal site, still under contruction)

Would prefer direct NEFT, as others might involve additional charges to cover payment gateway charges or listing charges.

Interesting thread. I did try Kesar a while back, these are smaller and the taste was odd. Maybe artifically ripened. Seemed similar to hybrid which IIANM Kesar is not.

The best fruit is seasoned but to get there takes a wait and then it spoils faster than they can sell.

Direct sales like this are the only way to get the best quality or time share your own tree.

Meanwhile people can also take from DHL. They have so called Mango service, if you can afford the price (12 mangoes = 5700 Rs with shipping abroad)
I love their tag line - Pay only for shipping, Mangoes are free.
With Price as high as this... feels like peeing on a toilet with gold seat :p
They have equally extortionate pricing on cherries from CA as well.

All this nonsense is because it takes too long to clear customs here that couriers have to be used.

Thanks for sharing.. I didnt know about Cherries. I still wonder who takes 12 mangoes for 5000+ INR.

Quick update to all,
Mangoes are almost ready. It will be going into natural ripening champer of Government. (Remember, No calcium carbide ripening).
Process in full swing for irridation.

Listing will be up only after latest photo is clicked so everyone can see quality of it & order.

Approx date - 1st May.

I always thought Kesar would be coming along with Hapus and all but as @Praks mentioned i was wrong. My dad confirmed with a family friend and he said Kesar will come in next few days or may be first week of May or later. He has a farm (wadi) himself and claimed that the quantity has been good this year. Planning to order soon from him as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shipping is almost final. DTDC. Final charge given by them is approx 150-200 Rs (by air) for 3 KG box. Are these good rates ?

DHL & GATI are joke. They refused taking orders as they already sell "Precious" mangoes at the rate of 5000 Rs.

Quick Q,
Is there a payment requirement to TE if new thread is created for Mango sale ?

Sorry for late update. Friend was too busy hence could not talk to him.

He just sent around 500 boxes to Bangalore. He is in talk with Snapdeal & Big Bazar so listing will be delayed by today night.
I will post here once he gives me today.

Shipping is turning out to be costly affair - 1 Kg is close to 100 Rs for pan India.. Any other option ?

Posting as is received from original seller.

"Kesar" Mango is the queen of mangoes widely grown in the Gujarat state of India. Kesar is characterized by its golden color with green overtones.

• Non Adulterated, Naturally ripened carbide FREE Mangoes
  • Hand Picked, Premium Export Quality A Grade Kesar Mangoes
  • Mangoes are carefully packed in 5-Ply strong cardboard ventilated boxes as shown in photos.
•>> FREE SHIPPING (HOME DELIVERY) TO ALL CITIES IN INDIA •

Payment Modes - Credit Card, Debit card, NetBanking transfer (NEFT), Cash on Delivery
•• 6 Pieces (Half Dozen) - Approx weight 1.5+ Kgs
Rate for order within Gujarat - Rs 229

Rate for order all over India - Rs 399

•• 12 Pieces (One Dozen) - Approx weight 3+ Kgs
Rate for order within Gujarat - Rs 399

Rate for order all over India - Rs 699

For Photos & Reviews Visit Facebook Page
www.facebook.com/KesarMangoes

Terms and Conditions on - www.facebook.com/KesarMangoes/info

If you are located in state of GUJARAT, It will be cheaper rates due to lower shipping cost.
Product will be listed on ebay & snapdeal soon.

Please send a PM for ordering & any query.

Is shipping internationally possible?
Yes, Please PM with city & country with number of boxes.

I want some :D
Order soon :)

6 Pieces for Rs 399, is there any discounts?
Company is absorbing ebay listing fees & if you see rates are same as ebay though ebay is charging 7 % as commission.
You can use ebay coupons for discount. You get cheaper & good looking mangoes in market but with carbide. You need to decide eat just mango or mango with chemicals.

I guess not, the chipping charges are the culprit here. It is still better priced than many other sources though. I just buy local.
Agree with you, Shipping is costing a bomb for Pan India so a gentleman ordered 400 boxes in Bangalore & got it cheap in train.

Back