Interesting experience with SE handsfree

paraman

Adept
The original handsfree that came with my SE K750i seems to have developed some problem causing the sound to come through only 1 earpiece. So I was looking for a new one. Having read a lot about the HPM 70 Walkman handsfree I decided to try it. I found that the BASS wasnt as powerful as the generic handsfree that comes in the k750 box! :S

I listened to 'Ya Ali' and 'Hips Dont Lie', two numbers where BASS elements are really strong and dicsovered that the 'punch' that I was getting in HPM 70 wasnt as powerful as the generic handsfree.

I am quite surprised with this as SE is promoting HPM 70 heavily on its website and bundling it with the W850i Walkman phone (among others). So how come its sound isnt as good as the bundled handsfree? Anybody else experience this?

lol .. it's the opposite for me, there is definately more bass from the hpm-70 mainly cause it's in-ear type .. make sure that the rubber things you get with hpm-70 completely seal off the ear ... also was it orignal hpm-70 :huh:

i think the HPM 70 ..are the default headphones of 810/850i ?and if yes..then they surely are better than k750i 's stock\default headphones in terms of bass and sound quality according to my experience ....

OT -sorry.MODS please delete this part. but culdnt stop asking all of them.

why are u all guys having captain jack sparrow..with the msg.Where's the monkey ? in u r SIGs...is this msg.. for some one on TE ??he he he...

EDIT :just now saw it's even there in my sig..means after everyone's posts..what's going on..me confused !!

dunno abt the HPM 70's , but the more expensive canalphones like the senn CX 300's come with three different earplugs for the optimum fit. maybe thats the problem, maybe you have non standard ears :bleh:

@greenhorn
My ears are quite ok. Dont worry.

@thexfactor
The point about whether or not the HPM 70 were original seems to be the most valid one. There's a chance that they might be duplicate as they were priced quite lower than the official price. Maybe that was the reason they didnt sound right.

I too got HPM 70 and bass feels flat on them to me to be honest compared to the stock earphones of K750.

I dont know but it sounds same even on W810i.

The thing is, once your ears are sealed the bass do feel little too boomy and flat. I never liked in canal earbuds.

Frankly speaking i love hpm70. . It has great bass. . And if you get the original it comes with three different earplugs for different ear sizes. .
Maybe you guys got a lemon ?
And yeah the in ear design does feel uncomfortable after a while but the experience is well worth for the time it lasts. :)

Funky said:
I too got HPM 70 and bass feels flat on them to me to be honest compared to the stock earphones of K750.
I dont know but it sounds same even on W810i.
The thing is, once your ears are sealed the bass do feel little too boomy and flat. I never liked in canal earbuds.

So apparently I am not the only one with this experience.

The HPM 70 that I tried was from the grey market without packaging / warranty. Which is why it was being sold cheaper. Only those guys who have listened to music with both handsfree will be able to appreciate the difference in BASS. If you begin with HPM 70 directly you might not feel anything amiss.

Back