International Cricket Captain 2005

NeXgeN

Disciple
International Cricket Captain 2005 is the ultimate cricket management sim, allowing you to take charge of any domestic or international team and steer them to victory through every match of the season. You control all aspects of the team’s progress, from transfers, team selection, and training: to detailed match tactics. Choose your bowlers, plan their line of attack, set their fields and then watch the highlights to see if you got that vital breakthrough. Ask your batsmen to make hay while the sun shines or defend through the fading light.

Prepare the pitch, bowl over or around the wicket and choose to watch the action ball-by-ball or over-by-over. Experience the highs and lows of international cricket management with Cricket Captain 2005.

Based on a brand new database and featuring an all-new interface, superb extra commentary by the BBC's Jonathan Agnew, Cricket Captain has returned with a host of other new features in addition to those you know and love.

Better yet, you can download Cricket Captain 2005 and try it out for free!

Home
Download

P.S : i hve downloaded it...and will write a review tomorrow :)

If you have played football management sims like CM/FM and you expect this one to be similar for cricket, then pls look away.
The game has following mode of play.
Single Player:
1) Full Game: captain a county and earn the right to lead England.
2) County and England: Captain a county side and lead England immediately.
3) International Only: Captain any of the Test-playing nations.
2-Player:
1) Choose to play a series between any of the Test-playing nations or
play a team from a saved game.

i started with international leading Indian team. before every series u have to select ur squad of 18 from the pool of players playing domestic cricket. i found many players unheard of and too many database mistakes. no feature for sorting players according to individual stats which sucks coz u hve to scroll down 50+ players and note their stats. gameplay is good with settings for individual bowlers and batsmen with highlights showing fours,sixes,fow, chances or u can even watch every ball. graphics of the highlights are quite alright although i m not in a good pc ( P3) to check them.
the game is best for county management ..... extensive details of contracts. new signings before every season. though there are also database mistakes in county cricket.
also the AI needs to be improved ...india,australia losing to bangladesh....doesnt make sense. there is news tht a patch is on the way....so hopefully these errors will be corrected.
maybe its too harsh to expect a game like CM/FM for cricket :) but sure this gets u addicted .

[EDITED]

Back