Internet connection on parallel phone line - Possible?

Let's get to the things rightaway..

I have a BSNL landline in my home.
Needed a parallel line into my bedroom - and got the same done. (years back!)
I have subscribed for BSNL Broadband as well. Need to connect to the net using the phone in the bedroom (the parallel line).

This wouldn't suffice as when there's an incoming call, the net would disconnect.
Any suggestions/solution for this problem?

I'm also living with the same problem, but its bearable.

I've seen other posters suggesting you should make the parallel line AFTER the ADSL splitter box.

So your single phone line goes into the splitter's single input, the outgoing broadband line goes to your room and the outgoing phone line can be "parallelised"...

I think use a splitter on all the phone lines (connection to the modem directly if you want) and try. That is what I do and it works.

what??

there are absolutely no issues with parallel lines on an ADSL conn.

just split your incomin line into ADSL and phone with a ADSL splitter

hook the ADSL side into the modem , and then use the split phone line splitted into multiple phone lines by connecting them in parallel (by using either any basic Y juntion box or ghetto style : splice - connect - wrap with black tape)

right, something like this i guess:

dslbroadbandlayouttu5.jpg

^ Thanks.

I can get something like this done .. But the wiring for that parallel fone in the bedroom is all concealed :(

I guess those have to be redone then..

Lastly, would an electrician be able to do it / Should I call a telephone guy ?

karan2670 said:
Just install a (ADSL) splitter on each phone..It should work.

I know the issue has already been fixed but ...

^^ This was the method I used to follow since my main phone lines were concealed as well and I could not install the filter *before* splitting the lines. I had no issues whatsoever :)

The ADSL splitter is just a low-pass filter that isolates the audio frequency telephone signals from the higher frequency DSL signal. So it figures that you place one before each phone.

i didnt know installing an adsl splitter for each phone AFTER the telephone splitter would work :) seems counter intuitive, will try it some time coz my phone lines are all over the place and concealed...

I know I am reviving a very old thread but I am stuck with a similar problem. Can anyone help?

My current setup:
Hall: Main line - concealed
Bedroom: Parallel Line 1 - concealed
Study: Parallel Line 2 - concealed.

Equipment:
I have: ZyXEL P-660HW-T1 - 802.11g Wireless ADSL2+ 4-port Gateway over POTS
I am planning to get: A D-link wireless router with extra antenna to increase coverage.

Final setup:
Hall: Wifi Router 1. No phone
Bedroom: Wifi Router 2, Cordless phone
Study: Wifi Router 3, Fixed phone instrument.

My plan is to use ONLY ONE Wifi Router at any one time.

Research so far:
1. I am aware that I cannot use multiple modems on the same line.

Need help:
1. How do I get the wiring connected with splitters such that my Wifi router will work at any point?
2. Any other suggestion to achieve my final setup.

Thanks a lot.

^ your question is not very clear. are all 3 wifi routers connected to a separate adsl modem?

if you want all 3 wifi routers to work at same time, you need to get 2 of the routers to act as repeaters.

Back