Android Internet disconnecting very frequently

Hi,

So, I posted this issue a couple of weeks back

Didn't get a resolution. Only concentrating on the internet disconnecting part now as mentioned here https://techenclave.com/threads/calls-not-connecting-in-2nd-sim.201189/post-2307968

To summarize have a Note 10 Lite at home. Both sim are from Jio. Sim 1 is used for mobile data+hotspot since the past more than 6 months. The internet used to disconnect/break earlier also but it was for a few seconds and hence bearable. But now when it disconnects it doesn't connect for minutes and it is happening very very frequently. If if no hotspot is being used then also the internet will disconnect. Swapped sim's from slot 1 to slot 2 and vice versa but the result was the same. Took out sim 2 and tried the main sim in slot 1 and 2 but same result. Tried resetting the network settings, it didn't help either. Cannot and don't want to format the phone due to some reason. Kindly help in troubleshooting the same. What I mean with internet disconnecting is that the mobile data is on, but nothing can be browsed/downloaded etc. The browser just says not connected to the internet. If a pc/laptop is connected via hotspot then it will say no connection.

@CapriAnupam @Kaleen Bhaiya @Emperor @TEUser2K1 @sandeepsachin @seshu @nick.knack91011 @Rezep @D C

Thanks

@becool773

I face same issue with Jifi4.. it get disconnect suddenly and then need to remove cable and wait for 10 seconds & even after that 20-30 more seconds requires to connect with net.

Some time, I can check via Desktop icon that net is connected but I just won't able to browse/reload any page/site etc.

I think it's Jio Network Issue, as @Kaleen Bhaiya suggested check with another operator Sim

HTH

Try using mobile data with a different sim from another operator. Try in both slots to see if the issue is replicated.
All sim's here are of Jio. Ported them all due to signal issues. Never faced this issue in any phone, including this phone earlier. Will ask for someone's sim from some other isp and will get back to you. What should be the ideal settings for mobile data in case of a jio sim? Is there any thread/video with details of all the comprehensive settings?
Sent someone with this phone to Jio store, they charged Rs. 250 to "examine" the sim and said that their sim is okay. The person is a senior citizen and he paid for it.
Samsung store said to format or hardware issue.
All other Samsung phones at this location which are being used in other Samsung phones are working great here. I think this messed up something https://techenclave.com/threads/calls-not-connecting-in-2nd-sim.201189/#post-2307968 + @Emperor

There are 3 possibilities.
1. Phone.. either hard format or if issue persists take it to service centre and replicate the issue. And please don't send a senior person especially when they are not aware of what the problem is or the technicalities associated.
2. Operator. @Emperor also mentioned he has issues with Jio. So your best bet would be to get sim of another operator to test if issue with phone or operator.
I think this messed up somethin
If this is the case then factory reset would be your best step since it would restore to original settings.

As said earlier, I don't use Samsung so really can't be of much use.
I would do step 2, if no success then hard reset. Then try with other sim and Jio sim. If nothing, then service centre is your only hope.

Update

I was just playing around with this phone and opened up the camera to click up a document's picture. The camera by default opens in 1.0x mode, the screen became totally white with a pinkish hole in the middle. Same when I changed it to 2.0x mode. It worked fine in the 0.5x mode. I restarted the phone and it's all fine, as of now.

This phone was bought like 10 months ago. The person who's using this phone told me today that the screen used to completely freeze sometimes before and that issue mainly started after plugging in the charging cable. This problem started after a month or two after the phone was purchased and this issue was rectified completely about 2 months back.

I "think" that there might be a water damage, not sure just speculating. Can this thing cause the hotspot issue to occur? What is the best way to diagnose it? I will have to reproduce the issue in the service centre if I want them to look into it.

@Kaleen Bhaiya

1. Can't format or atleast that's the last resort. Some really important things for which backup cannot be taken without root.
2. Will check with some other sim and will get back. I wasn't able to find any issue with Jio as many people are using it as hotspot here.

I will have to reproduce the issue in the service centre if I want them to look into it.

Can this thing cause the hotspot issue to occur?
If the water has entered in the Mobo, then there is a good chance it would have corrupted the modem. But this should be last resort. First check with another sim.
If you can recall, did this issue also exist prior to update? Sometimes, updates cause more harm than good. If formatting and stuff doesn't work then you can try to revert back to older update and see if issue persists.
This problem started after a month or two after the phone was purchased and this issue was rectified completely about 2 months back.
How was it rectified? Update?
What is the best way to diagnose it?
You will have to open the panel. But it's best you give it to them rather than opening it yourself unless you really know what you are doing.

Also try with another Jio sim from someone to see if you have the same issue.

Last edited:
@Kaleen Bhaiya
If you can recall, did this issue also exist prior to update? Sometimes, updates cause more harm than good. If formatting and stuff doesn't work then you can try to revert back to older update and see if issue persists.
The issue did not exist before the last ota update. The last update was on 17th September. This issue started after 25th after this thing was done https://techenclave.com/threads/calls-not-connecting-in-2nd-sim.201189/#post-2307968

How was it rectified? Update?
Even they have no idea about it. Since it didn't bug them too much so they didn't care.

You will have to open the panel. But it's best you give it to them rather than opening it yourself unless you really know what you are doing.
Bhai mere I will have to show them the issue before submitting the phone otherwise they will come up with sir motherboard khrab hai blah blah.

Also try with another Jio sim from someone to see if you have the same issue.
Will try with some other company's sim tomorrow and then with some other Jio sim and will get back to you.

Like I mentioned in the last post about the cameras, can you recommend a good diagnostic software to check the phone?

No idea about any software.
Update-
I am keeping this phone with me for testing. At night few minutes/hours after the hotspot is turned off and simple mobile data is used for the phone, the internet works fine. The disconnection is there but the frequency is less or negligible. I again connected it using the hotspot in the middle of the night and the disconnection started. Will try out with a sim of some other isp soon.
Should I remove both jio sim's and put this new sim, of some other isp, in slot 1? Or put this one in slot 1 and the other jio sim in slot 2?

@gokul.ece22 @JMak @joy.das.jd @raksrules @Ramadhir Singh

Try with single non-jio sim at a time. Then try non-jio and jio sim. Shuffle them in slot 1 and 2 to see if there is any improvement.
I am thinking there is some fault with the mobile given your description of the problem. Since other jio users are not having any issue. So it is either phone or mobile operator.
Did you try replicating the same issue at another location, like somewhere far from your location. If the problem replicates everywhere then you should have no issue in explaining the net issue to service centre.

Try with single non-jio sim at a time. Then try non-jio and jio sim. Shuffle them in slot 1 and 2 to see if there is any improvement.
I am thinking there is some fault with the mobile given your description of the problem. Since other jio users are not having any issue. So it is either phone or mobile operator.
Did you try replicating the same issue at another location, like somewhere far from your location. If the problem replicates everywhere then you should have no issue in explaining the net issue to service centre.
For the little time for which I was able to take this device outside, the internet worked just fine. The first thing the service centre will do is format. Since that is my last resort so I want to try every option before proceeding.

Tell them hard format( from recovery) and not factory format. Backup important stuff. Better to clean wipe it so that every possibility is eliminated.
What is the difference between the two?
What are the things which you want to take backup of (if you can say about those things lol)? Maybe we can help with that.

As per the issue, I have no idea. Suggestions given by @Kaleen Bhaiya seem very good though. Try those.
If you block a user and the user sends you sms, those are saved in the blocked messages section of the default messaging app. Is there any way to take backup of those?
If you are using whatsappplus and you format, then you won't be able to see messages and multimedia like it was shown in the app earlier.

@Kaleen Bhaiya

Used a sim by some other isp in slot 1, it sent some configuration message, installed that and it is working flawlessly. The main jio sim is in slot 2. Tried mobile data from jio sim in slot 2 and it breaks/disconnects after a few minutes. If the hotspot is turned off then after an hour or so it works great. The problem starts minutes after the hotspot is turned on. Any help? How to reset/delete the configuration settings of all jio sims from this phone and then ask jio to send them again?

Everyone here is using Jio sim with no issues at all and they are also using the phone as a hotspot. So, the isp issue is also eliminated.

BTW https://www.indiatoday.in/technolog...tector-shows-a-sharp-spike-1861328-2021-10-06

Last edited:
Hi,

So, I posted this issue a couple of weeks back

Didn't get a resolution. Only concentrating on the internet disconnecting part now as mentioned here https://techenclave.com/threads/calls-not-connecting-in-2nd-sim.201189/post-2307968

To summarize have a Note 10 Lite at home. Both sim are from Jio. Sim 1 is used for mobile data+hotspot since the past more than 6 months. The internet used to disconnect/break earlier also but it was for a few seconds and hence bearable. But now when it disconnects it doesn't connect for minutes and it is happening very very frequently. If if no hotspot is being used then also the internet will disconnect. Swapped sim's from slot 1 to slot 2 and vice versa but the result was the same. Took out sim 2 and tried the main sim in slot 1 and 2 but same result. Tried resetting the network settings, it didn't help either. Cannot and don't want to format the phone due to some reason. Kindly help in troubleshooting the same. What I mean with internet disconnecting is that the mobile data is on, but nothing can be browsed/downloaded etc. The browser just says not connected to the internet. If a pc/laptop is connected via hotspot then it will say no connection.

@CapriAnupam @Kaleen Bhaiya @Emperor @TEUser2K1 @sandeepsachin @seshu @nick.knack91011 @Rezep @D C

Thanks
I see handful of reviews on amazon for this model complaining about frequent internet disconnection when on hotspot. It is likely an issue at OS/ processor level.
I didn't follow the entire comments above in detail, but if you recently updated OS, you can try rolling back the update. You also mentioned about not preferring a reset route, but I guess you have no choice.

I think SMS Backup & Restore might be able to do that, although I am not sure if it will backup the blocked messages.. but it should, since it backups all messages. You can try by taking a backup by the app, and then view the XML file and try to find the text of the blocked message to see if the backup is in there.

I have backed up and restored my messages from one phone to another with this app in past successfully.

Regarding backup and restore of chat with Whatsapp Plus, I found two guides which you can refer to.

If you have a backup phone for experimenting, you can try doing a backup and then restore on that phone.

Oh yes, regarding Jio network, one of the person I know put up on his status that Jio network disappeared from his phone. So, there was some problem definitely.

I see handful of reviews on amazon for this model complaining about frequent internet disconnection when on hotspot. It is likely an issue at OS/ processor level.
I didn't follow the entire comments above in detail, but if you recently updated OS, you can try rolling back the update. You also mentioned about not preferring a reset route, but I guess you have no choice.
Please share those reviews. It worked flawlessly earlier.
Used a sim by some other isp in slot 1, it sent some configuration message, installed that and it is working flawlessly. The main jio sim is in slot 2. Tried mobile data from jio sim in slot 2 and it breaks/disconnects after a few minutes. If the hotspot is turned off then after an hour or so it works great. The problem starts minutes after the hotspot is turned on. Any help? How to reset/delete the configuration settings of all jio sims from this phone and then ask jio to send them again?
I think SMS Backup & Restore might be able to do that, although I am not sure if it will backup the blocked messages.. but it should, since it backups all messages. You can try by taking a backup by the app, and then view the XML file and try to find the text of the blocked message to see if the backup is in there.

I have backed up and restored my messages from one phone to another with this app in past successfully.

Regarding backup and restore of chat with Whatsapp Plus, I found two guides which you can refer to.

If you have a backup phone for experimenting, you can try doing a backup and then restore on that phone.

Oh yes, regarding Jio network, one of the person I know put up on his status that Jio network disappeared from his phone. So, there was some problem definitely.
Thanks, will look into this.
How to reset/delete the configuration settings of all jio sims from this phone and then ask jio to send them again?
Let's suppose the last update messed this up which was on 17th September, then even if the phone is formatted it will auto update the latest ota which was on 17th September. How will it help then?

Last edited:
Please share those reviews. It worked flawlessly earlier.
My bad, I took the Note 10 Lite keyword to amazon, and it gave me results from Xiaomi. Please ignore my earlier comment related to reviews. Coincidentally Xioami Note10 Lite has got similar hotspot issues
How to reset/delete the configuration settings of all jio sims from this phone and then ask jio to send them again?
The process is pretty straight. Follow the steps here
https://www.jio.com/en-in/faq/servi...set-the-apn-on-my-smartphone-to-jionet.html#/

Some devices/chipsets are not meant for all bands (frequencies), although it may not be a valid case here, but I suspect some thing of that sort.. Did you try this Jio in a different handset, and the issue still crops up?

Like @Kaleen Bhaiya suggested, test the same scenario at a different far off location, just to ensure the device connected to a different tower.

My bad, I took the Note 10 Lite keyword to amazon, and it gave me results from Xiaomi. Please ignore my earlier comment related to reviews. Coincidentally Xioami Note10 Lite has got similar hotspot issues

The process is pretty straight. Follow the steps here
https://www.jio.com/en-in/faq/servi...set-the-apn-on-my-smartphone-to-jionet.html#/

Some devices/chipsets are not meant for all bands (frequencies), although it may not be a valid case here, but I suspect some thing of that sort.. Did you try this Jio in a different handset, and the issue still crops up?

Like @Kaleen Bhaiya suggested, test the same scenario at a different far off location, just to ensure the device connected to a different tower.
That Jio link says how to reset the apn, I did that but it is not removed. It just resets it. I want to remove it and then want Jio to send the configuration message to set it up again so that it is done from scratch like it was done for other operator's sim yesterday. BTW in the same link it is mentioned

5. Enter 'Name' field and 'APN' field as 'JioNet' & tap 'OK'. Your APN has now been configured for mobile data access.
It will fill up all other values/boxes itself?

Will try this particular sim in another phone tomorrow and will get back.

Not a location related issue. We are using like 2 other Jio sim's in different Samsung phones only which are then used as a hotspot device in the same location and they all work fine. Follow the chain of events from all replies. I think something else has gone wrong and I guess that it's the settings related to Jio. But after few minutes after the hotspot is turned off this jio sim works fine for data which is really strange. Now the other operator's sim is working fine for data+hotspot. This is so frustrating. FML.

Let's suppose the last update messed this up which was on 17th September, then even if the phone is formatted it will auto update the latest ota which was on 17th September. How will it help then?

Back