Internet Explorer 6 gets tabbed browsing

IE6 (Internet Explorer 6) will be the first browser from Microsoft that will support tabbed browsing. The support is not from an indirect update but via MSN Toolbar. When Microsoft introduced MSN Search Toolbar we were quite dissapointed that the rumoured support for tabbed browsing wasn't there, but it seems support has been added. Microsoft launched the new version of MSN Search Toolbar yesterday and to many's great relief there is support for tabbed browsing. For those who doesn't want to wait for IE7 you can browse with tabs already.

Download MSN Toolbar

Source

Hey....

8 mb huh ? MYaybe more surfin habits monitor....Maybe the 7.9 is for "alexa redefined"

and probably 100k for the toolbar....Wonder where is the support for tabs then ?

Cheerz

nope...its IE 6
but the tab functionality is added by "MSN Toolbar with Windows Desktop Search".
Its not actually a feature of IE 6.

QuickFire posted 1.43 minutes later:

If I may add...
Windows Desktop Search is a nice tool and everyone shud give it a try.
but it works on Win XP only :p

the toolbar s***s.... i installed it on 2003... the first tab hangs when u select it when u have multiple tabs... when i closed one tab the whole window closed... the second time i got a error and it closed again... i dint wait for the third time, just uninstalled it.....

i seriously doubt that micosoft has released that without any testing....

Back