Internet Explorer has a mind of its own!!

Wraith

Skilled
Since yesterday i have been troubled like crazy by IE 6. while i am browsing i usually open multiple instances of IE trying to access different sites...earlier this was no problem but now i have a really irritating porblem....

The problem is that whichever site happens to load in IE that window jumps to the front...what i mean is that if i have 3 instances of IE running trying to load 3 different sites and if i am currently on IE window 3 but if the site in IE window 1 or 2 happens to load it will jump to the front...:mad: :mad: :mad:
This is really irriatating when i am dealing with sites requiring passwords...like banking etc cause when i am tryin to enter some info on the current window the window from the background jumps and becomes active!! :mad: :mad:
earlier all this used to happen in the backhround itself....meaning the IE window which i was using used to be the active one and the others would continue to load the sites in the background....

i tried looking up under the option in IE but couldnt find anything....anyone have a solution to this??

Wraith, you still on IE6? All I use it for is banking - and Kumar, FF > all. Check the traffic stats of any major website, FF is the most widely used browser ;)

No second thoughts there ..FF all the way..if you can't live without IE altogether, better have IEtab extension which will give u an option to render a page using IE if not rendered correctly by FF's own renderer.

Kumar... forget overall historic download or usage stats - I'm suggesting you find traffic stats of major sites, and then check what browsers their users are on ;)

ultra vires said:
lol nicely put kumar :)

i would go with Opera too :)

(gotta love that new rendering engine :D )

@RiO : Not historic stats but the last time i checked IE was @ top

here is the link Browser Statistics

...and you can't see Firefox gaining over IE6? ;) Again, those are overall numbers and I'm not even sure about the source. However, the most recent stats for a major technology site showed Firefox #1 at 51%, IE #2 at 39%. You will find the same trend on most technology sites, forums, etc... the FF/Op debate will never end but all I know is I've never designed a web app for Opera yet, only IE and FF, and the FF group is growing faster than any other :D

I tried Opera in 99 or 2000, didn't like it - at the time I also tried but didn't like Mozilla. I remember I was hooked on to Stormtamer, which was a very light application built on IE and had tabbing functionality - it worked with IE5+ and ate less memory than IE. I used it until Firefox launched :)

guys...thanks for the FF or Opera suggestions....but i prefer using IE :D

and my problem still remains....any suggestions for that yet??

RiO said:
...and you can't see Firefox gaining over IE6? ;) Again, those are overall numbers and I'm not even sure about the source. However, the most recent stats for a major technology site showed Firefox #1 at 51%, IE #2 at 39%. You will find the same trend on most technology sites, forums, etc... the FF/Op debate will never end but all I know is I've never designed a web app for Opera yet, only IE and FF, and the FF group is growing faster than any other :D
the source ??
its W3c ( the guys who laid down the world wide web standards) , i dont think that these guys would be mocking up numbers or would they :bleh:
anyways,
Dont wanna start Flame war :)
btw how are you doing ?? Still playin Quake pro ?

Wraith, that is simply IE functionality... when a page is done loading, it will jump to the front. It was a feature added in IE6 only iirc :) I'm afraid you're gonna have to live with that...

ultra, all conclusive data/info must have some source, right? You can't magically pull these numbers out of the air, right? Every company has different methods of collecting, compiling and presenting data. Why do you think Comscore and Alexa stats are never the same, yet 9 out of 10 times their trends and conclusions are similar. Similarly, W3C is getting their numbers from users who visit their website... and while it's representative of what the actual usage is, it can never be accurate (they don't claim it is either, read their disclaimer). Even Alexa, Comscore, etc. don't claim their data is accurate, however, they publish the source of the data and calculation method so companies/individuals using the data can make their own assumptions. That said, all traffic stats scream one thing... the Firefox userbase is growing faster than others :)

Back