Internet Explorer problem

Internet Explorer has suddenly started behaving wierdly on my PC. Whenever I open IE, I get a Debug Error in IExplore.exe and the window closes. I can't use IE any more.

I installed Netscape and am using that now.

I am attaching screenshots of the error message.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Attachments

• ie-error1.JPG
    ie-error1.JPG
    15.2 KB · Views: 111
  • ie-error2.JPG
    ie-error2.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 110
I smell rat .. First you should Disable Script Debugging .. For that
Tools > Internet Options
Click on Advanced
Check both Disable Script Debugging (Internet Explorer and Other) ...
OK ...

Well.. you should post your HijackThis Logfile for better assesment of your problem.

I've already disabled script debugging. In fact it was disabled before this problem started occuring.

HijackThis...I've never used this tool...will look into it and tell u this weekend...I'm at home only during weekends...I am a Mumbaite working in Pune...so am in Pune during weekdays and Mumbai during weekends.

Ok...Here's the HijackThis log file. Any clues what's wrong with this?

I renamed the extension from .log to .txt so that I could upload it here.

Attachments

• hijackthis.txt
    6.4 KB · Views: 138
I just took a quick look. I saw a few things I'm not too sure about Flashget being one. I didn't see that you have any anti spyware programs running. If you don't have one I would suggest Microsoft Anti Spyware beta it's free or DisSpy Lite also free. You may want to think about installing Windows SP2 also.

FlashGet is the download manager I use. It has a plug-in so that it can monitor any clicks in IE. I have been using it for years.

I installed Ad-Aware SE Personal Edition. On scanning it removed some spyware files, registry entries and an entry from the hosts file. But I still get the same problem in IE.

try to run [rank=security.kolla.de/]spybot[/rank] and see
and check out [rank=http://www.windowsforumz.com/IE6-problem-ftopict544536.html]this[/rank] page and links there

Umm.. You need to remove these entries from HijackThis

O1 - Hosts: 62.75.224.159 home.edonkey2000.com
O1 - Hosts: 62.75.224.159 home.edonkey2000.com
O2 - BHO: CInterfaceObj Object - {58F07DD3-924D-4141-BC74-299F523A95F1} - C:\WINDOWS\pxwma.dll
O23 - Service: OracleOraHome92HTTPServer - Unknown owner - D:\oracle\ora92\Apache\Apache\apache.exe" --ntservice (file missing)
Just Enable the CheckMark next to these entries in HijackThis and click on Fix Checked .. Be sure to close *every* other window open ..

I would suggest you to remove MSN Toolbar too .. Cauz I can see different versions installed side by side ..

Back