internet for mobile?

Hey ppl...

M using the nokia e61i......n m lookin for a mobile internet service...
was wondering which of the 2 services is better....

1> airtel net on fone @ rs 150/month

This package says that surfing is free(unlimited) and d'loadin is free from their end i.e they dont charge any $$ for d'loadin....but if d'loadin stuff from a particular site is chargable..it will be added to the bill.....

my question: wats that supp to mean?? if i d'load attachments from my gmail..will that be free or chargable?
2> Bsnl gprs @ rs 199/month

this package says that surfing is again free but d'loadin is chargable @ Rs.02/kb

so that means for 1 mb i gotta pay rs 20 :S which is too high!

so plzz lemme know which 1 of the above is better...wat is the speed i can xpect from 'em and is it worth gettin internet on fone considerin the fact that i have WIFI @ home & college....sum who has used ne of these plz add ur comments.
thnx

if you download from airtel live, they will charge you for it, but , why would someone with gprs do that :p. its for pple with gprs phones, but with normal gprs disabled.

greenhorn said:
if you download from airtel live, they will charge you for it, but , why would someone with gprs do that :p. its for pple with gprs phones, but with normal gprs disabled.

:S that means if i d'load nething from the entire net...includes all the sites xcept tht airtellive.com.....it wont be chargable??

hey guys i think theres some kind of confusion here, im sure net on fone wont be so cheap(specially considering how expensiv airtel email on phone is). So what i think the deal is that they would also charge you for data download on airtel net on phone. Dont know myself but i doubt it tat itll be jus rs 150/- p.m fixed. and if it is id be rather happy to get it activated on my phone.. hehe :)

My brother using a package where internet comes rs299 .. its unlimited. this package was bought about an year ago. so i believe this is new package with cheaper rate. its true its unlimited but speed is horrible .. they can only check mail not every time .. when it get connected.

when i was stuck in mysore for training, i used airtel gprs. cost me 100/ month for unlimited usage, but speeds , and uptime were horrible , but still, it kept me online :)

Back