Internet on Iphone

harsh88007

Disciple
I want to use internet on my iphone3gs using my any prepaid sim card.
Please guide me what all service providers in india provide this facility and how to configure for this..

i am using Iphone 3gs with vodafone prepaid sim card and i have also activated GPRS on it ... i use it for browsing and it gives me also access 2 all the third party application .....and charges are just simple 10kb/10paisa .... no more extra charges for activating it ....i did all this with the help of iPhone Configuration Utility and you need to knw the settings of vodafone GPRS ... itz somthng like portnmms and port number and a IP address after you use it ... a "E" logo will be visible near battery bar ...which is edge ... and you all set to go ... i had done thz last month so i don't remmeber the exact steps ... but there is already a thread going on reagarding GPRS on Iphone .... you will know a lot more on that do a search ... and if nothing help's all you can do is GOOGLE :)

^ IF you have Vodafone, did you try out the 14 bucks top up for 200 MB for 3 days or the 98 bucks 2 GB topup for 30 days? That works out much cheaper than the insanely priced 10ps/10KB

What are we talking about here? 3G services or GPRS? Can't comment on the former but for the latter, i'm using Airtel Rs.98/month with 2gb free usage.

Airtel, nuff said.

2GB for Rs.98/-, which allows you to surf on your laptop too. I was using Vodafone till yesterday, BUT it does not allow any access other than HTTP and you CANNOT connect it to your laptop to surf the web, also Vodafone only gives you 500MB for Rs.95/-. I find the speeds much faster on Airtel. Vodafone was such a pain in the ass to get working, while Airtel worked out of the box.

IMO, don't think twice, get an Airtel prepaid connection.

@Praks - No.

ok guys.. thanx a lot.
I'll go for airtel's 98 plan

Can anyone please tell me how to get the settings and all, and the procedure to get that working on iphone.

harsh88007 said:
ok guys.. thanx a lot.
I'll go for airtel's 98 plan

Can anyone please tell me how to get the settings and all, and the procedure to get that working on iphone.

I am using airtel on Iphone and no settings. May be because i have factory unlocked and corporate plan for unlimited grps.

There is no option of adding cellular data network option if using airtel or voda sim in 3g or 3gs

lol.... 10p/10kb...Voda live sucks man!

i use unlimited EDGE on my iPhone 3G for Rs. 299/month... Vodafone Mobile Connect!

Push Mail, Maps, All Apps work smoothly!

No need of using config utility, just enter www in APN in Cellular Data Network Option

Re: @spawn freak

harsh88007 said:
okay...how much speed do we get in edge? and i cant see any space for APN in my 3GS.

If you are using airtel or voda u wont get option of adding apn. if you use operator apart from voda and airtel u get option of entering apn and other info. speed depends on area network. i get max around 90kbps

With Airtel you don't need to add any APN.

While with Vodafone, you need to.

Trust me, you'll never exceed 500MB of download from your cellphone, so stick with Airtel and go for the 2GB Plan, you get the same facility as the Vodafone's mobile connect.

hey guys.. i have recharged with airtel's 98 internet plan on my iphone. but i am unable to use that on 3G mode (which is the procedure normally followed). Infact when i Switch to the EDGE mode then internet works fine? is this normal or i will be charged extra for using edge mode?

Edge is what you should be using. There is no 3G service from these private players as of now. I'd suggest you turn off 3G and Data Services to save battery.

And you will NOT be charged for Edge, since you're on Rs.98/- for 2GB Free plan.

My plan just got over and with extensive browsing, facebooking, IMing, Emailing, et al my bandwidth used was only 30-35mB!

Back