Windows Internet Speed on PC is very slow.

X0th3rm1k

Disciple
Having very recently finished my PC build, I couldn't help but notice that the internet speed on WiFi was surprisingly very slow. I think it might be an issue with my drivers, but I can't be entirely sure. I know it's slow because my laptop, with I used on the very same table at pretty much the same spot, gets 10x the speed on WiFi (2.9 Mbps on PC compared to 29-31Mbps on my laptop.)

Any and all assistance with this will be greatly appreciated!

PC specs..
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060
Motherboard: MSI B550 Pro VDH WiFi (with the latest bios as well)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB*2 3000 MHz
PSU: Antec Atom V550

I don't think you'll neeed more than this, since I've covered all the important parts of the PC.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
GPU: Zotac RTX 2060
Motherboard: MSI B550 Pro VDH WiFi (with the latest bios as well)
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB*2 3000 MHz
PSU: Antec Atom V550

I don't think you'll neeed more than this, since I've covered all the important parts of the PC.
Did u connected the antenna? if not connect & check. Just uninstall the wifi driver, install get the latest driver & check.

Did u connected the antenna? if not connect & check. Just uninstall the wifi driver, install get the latest driver & check.
Yes, I've connected both the antennas that come with the motherboard. I'll try reinstalling the latest driver for wifi and try again. Any other tips as to what I can do?
Update: Turns out it was indeed an issue with the drivers, completely reinstalling the network drivers seems to have fixed the issue so far. Thank you for all your help!

Last edited:
Back