Internet speeds and costs around the world

paraman

Adept
A very informative graphic, courtesy Neowin forums.

India is not even mentioned :mad: :mad: :mad:.

When is the era of 'broadband' speeds quoted in kbps going to get over? The world has long since moved on to mbps speeds!

Attachments

• 293wmrb.jpg
    293wmrb.jpg
    397.1 KB · Views: 324
dude !!! it'l take atleast 1-2 yrs for India to reach at that level ....
RIght now the mbps plans ae a bit exp ..... but m sure by next yr mbps plans wud b realy cheap

When we will get some cheap unlimited mbs plan, other countries will start gbps plans:eek:hyeah:. Now we still looking for some cheap unlimited kbs plan. I am also a member of Neowin forum and other guys getting speed till 100mbps.

2 MBPS day and 4 MBPS night unlimited for 995 only

Oh forgot to mention that its Nivyah Communications

and BTW Tikona also has some good plans if anyone wants to try

well i`m happy with the current announcements of broadband plans in india !!

Youtelecom

192kbps-1mbps under rupees 650/month (day 192kbps and nite 1mbps)

1mbps UL @ 1300/month

Nivyah

512kbps-1mbps @ 600/month (same day nite plan)

and many other cheaper plans price wise.

W-Net @ my area local cable

512kbps UL for 512rs/month

MTNL Triband

reduced rates and double speeds @ all plans

i agree we are far away from the top 20`s still its good to bounce over to 2mbps lines from 256kbps lines which used to sell for 1200 bucks all inclusive from sify

warm regards

i always wanted to ask this question.. why do u guys need high speed plans?? How would u make use of them?? for what purpose?? :S :S

kauzy said:
i always wanted to ask this question.. why do u guys need high speed plans?? How would u make use of them?? for what purpose?? :S :S
Hi-Def...

my 42incher and Logitech z5500 with DTS support makes it imperative for me to download HD movies with DTS sound support... resulting in downloads of 6gb/day !

well if i can download 1 movie a day at bare minimum i dont need to bother searching just make a list and put them up for download go out in the morning and the movie is there by evening

and piracy dosent come into picture here

and my friend dinesh has really posted some service provider plans

as of now the best i feel is nivyah

Check the rates in Japan

That means any BSNL 750UL subscriber can get 3.6Gbps Unlimited Line in Japan by paying same price in Japan that we pay here in India for paltry 256kbps.

Thinking of marrying a Japanese chick and moving to japan:p

maddy_in65 said:
When we will get some cheap unlimited mbs plan, other countries will start gbps plans:eek:hyeah:. Now we still looking for some cheap unlimited kbs plan. I am also a member of Neowin forum and other guys getting speed till 100mbps.

As long as the ppl.- who run this country- Politicians and Bureaucrats both- do not act honestly and stop ripping ppl. like us for our hard earned cash for starvation levels of band width- Unlimited even 4 mbps speed at affordable rates will not come to India for a DECADE. Babus who run the dept of telecom- do not feel that India needs real Broadband, and the politicians are all un-educated -uncouth bumpkins only interested in empty slogans!.

Back