Interpreting Assembly code

superczar

Skilled
Hmm...This is not technically an open source question, nevertheless:

The query concerns 24online client (A 480K exe that works as the login client for my ISP)

What it does is it runs an autoupdate as soon as I start it, and without even bothering to ask permissions uninstalls the old version and installs the new one....

The new version deviously kills my home intranet by tweaking /blocking any other NICs on the machine other than the one through which it connects to the ISP server...

It probably makes sense for the ISP so that a home usage connection is not misused for commercial use in a cybercafe, however, in my case this doesn't hold valid....In fact the Hathway buggers acknowledge it as a problem with the client but say they really can't do anything about it as they cannot change their entire back end setup base on 24online cleint just for me....

KingKrool suggested that I try opening the exe in a assembly decompiler and try to see which flag checks for the version, and skip that flag in the assembly code.....

I tried doing that but being absolutely unfamiliar with even high level languages like C, assembly seems like what the written word looks like to a canine.......

Any help appreciated :S

Or upload it here ... One way may be to change the version string to the latest one so that when it compares itself with the online version it will think no new updates are available ...

Back