CPU/Mobo Intruder alert

My pc is in shutdown status. and i am not in my home(SAY OFFICE). Now if someone starts up my pc and breaks the password somehow and logs in, i want to be alerted immediately by a SMS in my mobile that intrusion happens.

Any idea how to do that?

How about putting in a wallpaper or startup message that reads "Congratulations! You have successfully broken into this PC! Please send an SMS to 9876543210 to claim your prize!" :)

My pc is in shutdown status. and i am not in my home(SAY OFFICE). Now if someone starts up my pc and breaks the password somehow and logs in, i want to be alerted immediately by a SMS in my mobile that intrusion happens.

Any idea how to do that?

Sms and email can have delays. What if you get the sms 1 hour late. I hope you have encrypted your drives and have a good password for decryption.

thanks boo. actually i am not talking of any potential theft case. I want to be alerted whenever my PC gets accessed, even if it is opened by my father or wife or daughter.

OK then, your original thread title and post "Intruder alert" and "someone breaks the password" is misleading and my post was very appropriate for it, if a little sarcy :D. If someone is able to get into your home and power up your PC, forget about any "alerts", not to mention that is the least of your intruder worries.

Another, maybe simpler option is to look for a tool/script that runs on startup (login) for your accounts which will at least email you if not SMS...

Back