Invalid Credit card Transaction !

hector19

| Crafted for Gaming |
Adept
Hello guys, Please help me out on this, Here's what happened :

I got my new renewed CC on 5th last month ( delivered to my address ) as my old CC was bout to expire in a month .
Today i received my Credit card statement as usual, & to my utter shock, there's 3 invalid transaction charged to my CC :O.
When i checked the CC number, its not the same CC number which i have ( New Renewed CC ), its different, & i called up ICICI & after further investigation
He told me that even CC ending XXX is in my name, ( the Invalid transaction one ) , I told him that i don't have a CC with that number, So i asked him the Entire Details of that CC number , including the Shipment date, Origin , & the Bank exe told me that this card was Shipped via FirstFlight to my address, & when i asked him for the Receiver's name...... .He kept quite & told me " Sir there's no Receiver's name or Phone number here " :O, & he gave me the First Flight consignment number, When i checked it " ITS LOST/ MISPLACED IN TRANSIT ". Now i have the New Renewed CC card, ( with 0 Rs Transaction on the New card )& there's a Invalid Transaction of Rs 34k to CC number in my name, which i don't own ( "the Misplaced in transit one" ). The Bank exe told me to lodge a FIR, & we'll contact you soon. What should i do now ?

Thanks .

^ Thank you , What will be the time frame to solve this ?
But why is an FIR required for this ? It FirstFlight people who have misplaced the card.

Hello guys, Please help me out on this, Here's what happened :

I got my new renewed CC on 5th last month ( delivered to my address ) as my old CC was bout to expire in a month .
Today i received my Credit card statement as usual, & to my utter shock, there's 3 invalid transaction charged to my CC :O.
When i checked the CC number, its not the same CC number which i have ( New Renewed CC ), its different, & i called up ICICI & after further investigation
He told me that even CC ending XXX is in my name, ( the Invalid transaction one ) , I told him that i don't have a CC with that number, So i asked him the Entire Details of that CC number , including the Shipment date, Origin , & the Bank exe told me that this card was Shipped via FirstFlight to my address, & when i asked him for the Receiver's name...... .He kept quite & told me " Sir there's no Receiver's name or Phone number here " :O, & he gave me the First Flight consignment number, When i checked it " ITS LOST/ MISPLACED IN TRANSIT ". Now i have the New Renewed CC card, ( with 0 Rs Transaction on the New card )& there's a Invalid Transaction of Rs 34k to CC number in my name, which i don't own ( "the Misplaced in transit one" ). The Bank exe told me to lodge a FIR, & we'll contact you soon. What should i do now ?

Thanks .
I always follow the checklist:
1. What timeframe does the bank deliver the cards? IF they say 3-5 "working" days. Always call after 3 days to hound them. I know it sounds impatient and paranoid but its the way to avert unwanted surprises. Always ask them your trakcing number and track it completely.
2. Always cancel your card if you think its taking longer than usual. Quite unnecessary but then again helps avoid surprises. At one point I had cancelled 3 straight cards from my bank as they were delivered 15 days gap. Had to go 2 mths without debit card. It dint turn costly as I am a bank employee. Finally got the card hand delivered.
3. Ask the bank to stop: being cheap ass and using First Flight. I see most of the banks have 3rd party card embossing units in Chennai. And I think First Flight has clout or owned by the same 3rd party. They are the biggest scam artists . They have pulled quite some gems on me over the past 3 years like courier out for delivery for a week without actual delivery.
Once they "delivered" my courier to office. As per their website a security guard named XYZ had received it. Now then XYZ guy is a real security guard manning the postal room. I go to check my courier, it isnt there. Security guard is flummoxed and claims innocence about it missing courier. I call up First Flight to tell them I know they faked the signature. I even say I'll sue them if I find even a penny missing from my accounts. Miraculously, the courier shows up 2-3 days after its "delivery".
So be wary of them, especially when it comes to banking matters.

4. Did the bank inform you about the misplaced in transit card? No right? So you are in the clear. IF the bank still demands money you can take them to the ombudsman court.

^ Nope, the bank didn't call me for anything , even while sending the card, also when it was Lost !!!

I guess FIR is required from your side since the fraud has been done using a card in your name, and you are the victim here (just guessing).
And remember that submitting the physically signed chargeback form is very important, insist on an acknowledgement, without chargeback form they will keep on charging you interest on the amount in dispute.

Just asking what if the same thing happens with my debit card what do I do, recently a friends debit card was charged 4000 INR, by a US website, even though he never purchased anything...

I always follow the checklist:
1. What timeframe does the bank deliver the cards? IF they say 3-5 "working" days. Always call after 3 days to hound them. I know it sounds impatient and paranoid but its the way to avert unwanted surprises. Always ask them your trakcing number and track it completely.
2. Always cancel your card if you think its taking longer than usual. Quite unnecessary but then again helps avoid surprises. At one point I had cancelled 3 straight cards from my bank as they were delivered 15 days gap. Had to go 2 mths without debit card. It dint turn costly as I am a bank employee. Finally got the card hand delivered.
3. Ask the bank to stop: being cheap ass and using First Flight. I see most of the banks have 3rd party card embossing units in Chennai. And I think First Flight has clout or owned by the same 3rd party. They are the biggest scam artists . They have pulled quite some gems on me over the past 3 years like courier out for delivery for a week without actual delivery.
Once they "delivered" my courier to office. As per their website a security guard named XYZ had received it. Now then XYZ guy is a real security guard manning the postal room. I go to check my courier, it isnt there. Security guard is flummoxed and claims innocence about it missing courier. I call up First Flight to tell them I know they faked the signature. I even say I'll sue them if I find even a penny missing from my accounts. Miraculously, the courier shows up 2-3 days after its "delivery".
So be wary of them, especially when it comes to banking matters.

4. Did the bank inform you about the misplaced in transit card? No right? So you are in the clear. IF the bank still demands money you can take them to the ombudsman court.
That's quite an eye opener. What do HDFC guys use for shipping CCs ?

How the heck did they hand over a credit card without confirming identity? All my Credit Cards (HSBC, HDFC and SBI) are delivered through Blue Dart and they never hand over the card till you show them an identity proof. They don't even leave it at the office reception. If you are not available, they will simply try to deliver again. If it cant be delivered because of unavailability two times, it will be sent back. The delivery can be only received by the owner of the card.

That was some really cheap acts there.
I too had the same experience with Bluedart. I still remember,i had to chase the courier guy to get the CC(AXIS) since he wanted to deliver it personally and that too after showing him an ID proof.And every time he appeared at my door, i would be away.The CC had already been returned back to the bank once.
And thanks for the precaution to be taken in such cases.

Again called up today, & the Bank exe told me that, the issue is forwarded & it will be solved with in 30-35 Days :O !!! With in January 18-2013 .
when i asked if i should file an FIR or an chargeback form he told me no its not required , any interest on that Transaction will be canceled.
So guys should i pay my old balance ( on the old card ) or wait ???

Thanks.

How the heck did they hand over a credit card without confirming identity? All my Credit Cards (HSBC, HDFC and SBI) are delivered through Blue Dart and they never hand over the card till you show them an identity proof. They don't even leave it at the office reception. If you are not available, they will simply try to deliver again. If it cant be delivered because of unavailability two times, it will be sent back. The delivery can be only received by the owner of the card.

The incident happened 2 years ago, nowadays my bank has also switched to bluedart. The delivery is by id proof confirmation only too. After the incident I still track my deliveries and make sure it is delivered on time.
Pin mailer is still via First Flight which sometimes becomes a pain.
I am not sure why ICICI uses First Flight though. I have heard of horror stories even while delivering pin mailers.

Always avoid ICICI bank for any and all bank/money/finance related matters. Even SBI is better.

Again.. ICICI Bank. I have had nothing but DISASTEROUS experiences with them... & all concerning credit cards. Thankfully i was quick to discontinue and cancel all cards with them. Nowadays though i've heard from many, their banking product quality is also pathetic..

Please get a proper legal opinion (to be absolutely safe) and also follow up with each and every proper regulatory procedure. Banks especially cannot be trusted to handle things effeciently and honestly when it comes to screwups.. I know of cases where they have just been more than eager to writeup the customer to CIBIL and screw up the credit rating for all practical purposes going forward. Even when the issue eventually gets resolved, they hardly ever bother being as prompt in clearing a customers records from CIBIL meaning that one ends up paying the price much after the entire issue is sorted, while the banks just dont bother

Now I am really scared as my mom has an ICICI bank CC and the expiry date of which was 12/12.. We are yet to receive it.. have to check up with the bank.. grrr..

My experience with ICICI has been good, and I have been using them for close to 10 years now. No unexpected fees, no undue charges. Been charged for all transactions that I made, and not charged for any that I didn't. In short, expected behaviour, nothing out of this world, nor anything bad. Incidentally, I too had a card expiry this month, and the card arrived through BlueDart in the first week of this month. You might want to check with ICICI

OMG!! now hearing so much about icici, now m much worried to use icici.:O My salary savings a/c is given by my company which i cannot cancel. The other option they have is citibank which i think is on same line as icici and isnt good as compared to sbi, hdfc or axis.

But i do have a 7yr old trustworthy sbi a/c. :)

So shall i immediately keep transferring my whole salary to my sbi a/c as soon as i receive salary amount debited to my icici a/c ?:confused1:

I dont want any unusual looses to occur and then try trace them with getting nor results later and all ending in pain with zero gain. :|:no2:

Back