Inverter installation: is it possible to install inverter for a single room in the house?

I'll most probably end up with Luminous inverter(ECO volt 1050) with Amaron battery (TT200AH)
Update:
Got this combination installed.
But eco volt 1050 is not enough for my room at peak load.

LG OLED was the culprit, it randomly sucks too much power, especially when a bright scene comes. One such scene in a PS5 game caused the inverter to fail.
Thankfully the local supplier is ready to change it to eco volt 1250 with 1100/- bucks more. Hope that one is sufficient for my room.

Update 2:
Finally went for ECO volt 1650 with 2 x 200 Ah amaron batteries. This setup will power my office room and fans and lights for rest of the house. All costed ~41k with installation.

Last edited:
All costed ~41k with installation.

I decided to do the installation on my own and learned a few things that might help others.

If you bought a multi-battery inverter, then it's a good idea to charge up each battery separately before connecting it to the inverter. This will take about a day per battery. You might need to buy/rent/borrow a battery charger for this or if you have a vehicle, then buy a car battery charger as investment and use that here. If you don't do this, then the batteries might degrade faster over time. Make sure the charger outputs the voltage specified in the battery's manual (13.5/13.8 or 14.4 depending on the battery type).

Ensure your batteries are as close as possible to manufacturing date and/or have sequential serial numbers if you're buying new. This ensures they'll age at the same rate.

I didn't do any of this and two years later, one of the batteries has degraded significantly more than other three. Also, serial number for this battery ends in 4, the others are 6,7,8. So this was either a straggler, a forgotten piece or a customer return. I never checked at the time of installation (I was way excited and impatient to have everything up and running): https://techenclave.com/threads/wtb-sinewave-ups-inverter-so-need-suggestions.198174/#post-2269678

Screenshot_2023_09_11_00_43_28_084_org_telegram_messenger_edit.jpg

It's the last voltage reading in the list, it drops to under 11v (basically dead) after three minutes of load. All four batteries are 28 months old, so this should normally not have happened.

Lastly, test the voltage drop across the wires connecting the batteries together under load, it should be well under 50mV (mine are 20mV). If it's higher, then the wire isn't thick enough. Also, all of the series connecting wires should be the same length and size.

Last edited:
Back