Inverter Recommendation - Brand & specs

m0h1t

drinks like a fish
Skilled
Need to buy a new inverter for a floor.
  • Requirement is about 1000-1500w for at least 3-4.
  • Mostly led lights, fans, two routers and a couple of cameras. Maybe a cooler during summer.
  • Power cuts are not common except peak summers, and usually not long, an hour or two max. Peak delhi summers, 1-3 hours every day or every other day, unless there is a major fault then much longer.
  • I want a have some headroom, since there will battery degradation also over a period of time
Currently thinking 2000VA 24V (usually 1400-1600w) + 2x 150Ah batteries in series. Is this a good configuration? This is for a rented accommodation so there is a ~35K upper spending limit.

Is there a brand or product line that is preferred or generally considered good quality?

Your 24V setup seems fine for the load you mentioned. You may add some more Ah to batteries (like 100ah which costs 2000 more than 150Ah)for longer backup time but usually not needed since you mentioned 2-3 hrs powercut. Amaron tall tubular batteries are good for backup. It lasted me 10+ years. For the inverter, get a pure sine wave one, as it is gentle on IT load such as smps.

Deciding between Luminous Optimus and Microtek Heavy duty 2000VA 24v pure sine wave models.

Is there any difference between the product quality, after-sales or any other reason to go for one over the the other? Microtek seems to be a little cheaper by 1500-2000

EXIDE INVERTERZ GQP(GQP24V1625) with 2x Livguard IT 1584TT or Exide solar tubular 6lms or luminous LM 18075 whichever one you get cheaper. Make sure you get batteries which are produced either in same month or same batch to avoid voltage mismatch. Exide inverter model since it has copper transformer and not aluminum like some livguard models. Also I don't think microtek has good after sales service.

Deciding between Luminous Optimus and Microtek Heavy duty 2000VA 24v pure sine wave models.

Is there any difference between the product quality, after-sales or any other reason to go for one over the the other? Microtek seems to be a little cheaper by 1500-2000
exide for batteries,
for inverter I recently bought luminous optimus and its good but there is only one problem its very sensitive in ups mode ,even a slight fluctuation in voltage and it will shift to batteries from mains, but if you change the mode to eco and you would be good to go have microtek also and its working fine from last 2 yrs same model as you quoted. get the optimus

edit optimus also has a weird very loud beep sound each time mains is off too irritating
EXIDE INVERTERZ GQP(GQP24V1625) with 2x Livguard IT 1584TT or Exide solar tubular 6lms or luminous LM 18075 whichever one you get cheaper. Make sure you get batteries which are produced either in same month or same batch to avoid voltage mismatch. Exide inverter model since it has copper transformer and not aluminum like some livguard models. Also I don't think microtek has good after sales service.
microtek has expanded its service only con a little longer wait time in tier 2-3 cities.

Last edited:
Back