iOS ios15 font size setting

paraman

Adept
A little background first. I need reading glasses to use my phone / pc etc. Last year I had bought the iphone 11 but couldnt hold on to it because font size wasn't increasing in all apps inspite of increasing it in settings. So text in Swiggy, Amazon etc was too small for me to read comfortably. In android phones, font size increases across the board which makes it easier for me to read.

iOS 15 has introduced a new option that font size can be changed per app.

If this indeed works then I am thinking of giving the iphone another try. So can some kind soul here who has updated his phone to iOS 15 give this a try and give me feedback? Please try swiggy and amazon apps specificallly. Thanks in advance.

Am using an iPhone with iOS 15. Glad you bought this up.

Part of my work involves working with the accessibility team and I was searching for a new feature to promote.

This feature works well with apps like Outlook, while with Swiggy and Amazon, I see no difference.

Tried it on Amazon app. Made no difference on main page. Did increase font size on profile tab.

On chrome, it just enlarged the ui elements, web page content was the same.

Don’t have Swiggy app.

Swiggy, largely has images, therefore it is not adding up. With Microsoft apps, they are working great with some limitations (particularly text size)

Overall, this doesn't look like a polished feature. Although it works quite well with iOS native apps.

Back