iOS iPad 4 stuck on Apple logo

artikle

Unknown Member
ex-Mod
My iPad 4(jailbroken 6.1.2) got stuck on the apple logo for some reason. i tried everything but couldnt revive it. so i tried restoring using iTunes. It downloaded 6.1.3, but while trying to restore, it says cannot contact apple servers currently. Im going insane. Can some one help me out here? @raksrules

Before anything try this

Hold power and home button and press them together until apple logo comes. Release power button but keep Pressing the home button till the time you see spring board.

This may or may not work. And your finger pressing the home button might pain, bear it as it might take upto a 1 minute or more for the springboard to come.

ab
Before anything try this

Hold power and home button and press them together until apple logo comes. Release power button but keep Pressing the home button till the time you see spring board.

This may or may not work. And your finger pressing the home button might pain, bear it as it might take upto a 1 minute or more for the springboard to come.
Tried, but did nothing :( Anything else?

Did you ever put any sort of custom IPSW on your iPad ? Because if you did, there is a chance that your machine's host entries are pointing to cydia and not Apple servers.

Did you ever put any sort of custom IPSW on your iPad ? Because if you did, there is a chance that your machine's host entries are pointing to cydia and not Apple servers.
I dont think I did. Im jailbroken and on stock 6.1.2. Any pointers? Now Im screwed anyway. Im going to lose jailbreak anyway. Currently, I can only get into DFU mode and nothing else.:([DOUBLEPOST=1377093692][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, IM trying to restore on another computer by downloading the firmware again.(taking 3 hrs on my 12mbps line). If this restore fails, if I take it to the service center is there anyway they can know that I jailbroke it, considering I can only get into DFU mode?

Download latest iTunes if not already latest. Also My gut feeling says you try after sometime, not able to contact apple server seems like a temporary issue.
Don't panic as it is almost impossible to brick an iOS device (except in some cases)

Wait for a day and try everything before you go to service center. Also I suggest if nothing works please post your query (but search before that) on macrumors.

Download latest iTunes if not already latest. Also My gut feeling says you try after sometime, not able to contact apple server seems like a temporary issue.
Don't panic as it is almost impossible to brick an iOS device (except in some cases)
Yes, iTunes is latest. Im trying to be calm. As it is still in warranty, is there anyway they can know i jailbroke it since I can only enter DFU mode? What precautions do I need to take before going to the service center?[DOUBLEPOST=1377097487][/DOUBLEPOST]@raksrules Finally, restore was successful! Thanks for your help :) Also now that I have restored, will all traces of it ever being jailbroken be wiped away?

Last edited:
Wish I had seen this earlier- Tinyumbrella's 'fix recovery' works like a charm in such cases and saved your jailbreak too. You pressed the panic button too soon.

Wish I had seen this earlier- Tinyumbrella's 'fix recovery' works like a charm in such cases and saved your jailbreak too. You pressed the panic button too soon.

Yeah he had already tried restoring and that is when it got stuck which means he probably had already lost the jailbreak by the time things went bad.
But yes i have used a similar tool to get me out of "iPhone is in recovery" thing without needing to restore.

Old firmware is not lost even when you see 'restoring phone' (after apple server verified) and then halfway through you get something like error 1394.

The first rule with jailbreaking is have complete trust in your machine and dev tools- it just won't die! :D

Anyway, it's gone. The present jb scene is essentially tweaks and themes which are more fun on iPhone than iPad, so don't rue the loss.

Yeah he had already tried restoring and that is when it got stuck which means he probably had already lost the jailbreak by the time things went bad.
But yes i have used a similar tool to get me out of "iPhone is in recovery" thing without needing to restore.

I spent more than 15 hours desperately trying to find a solution that saves my jailbreak before resorting to the restore. I'm really sad right now that I lost jailbreak, but now I can find out whether my app crashes were due to jailbreak or actual app crashes because they used to crash even in safe mode. But if any other way is there to get back jailbreak(I don't know any) I would try...

Back