Other iPad Air or Note 10.1 2014 or N7 2013?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi

So. As before when I was selling my ainol, I wanted to get the new iPad Mini. And They released with retina also. :). But seeing the iPad Air, Mini is out and will put the Air in list.

So which one should i go for? Usage is as usual. Mails, Youtube, Magazines, Videos and some games.
All my 4 previous tabs were Android. Gets bored with it VERY EASILY.

Give your thoughts. I am planning to get the 32GB version, WiFi only. As i have a MiFi with me.

Thanks.

I would suggest to choose from either Nexus 7 or iPad. Nexus 7 because its most VFM from Android and will be updated always very first. Also being a Nexus, community support will be bonus. On the other end with Apple also you can not go wrong on performance and support on updates. However price of iPad is double of Nexus 7.

It really boils down to your budget and preference. Since you have mentioned you have used 4 tablets and are bored, you might want to try Apple side this time - provided you do not mind price premium.

:S. I hope that was sarcastic mate. :(. I consider myself noobest of the noob. But yeas, real user experience.

@vyral_143. Well, the common thing from all the tablets were android and lack of "tablety" apps. Dunno if that makes sense. I never felt, android has some tablet apps. Atleast ones i use. Just common apps. Read a lot that iPad does have some tablety apps.

And also, the weight and dimensions of the tablet is very important to me. To this date, my fav tab is been the nexus 7. Dunno. it just the way it felt in my hands.

And yes, This will be 99.9% given to my neice. So a rich gaming experience may be crucial for me. She loves to play games in my nexus 7. As a matter of fact. its with her. and by virtue my brother. I told that i will get her a bigger "orange computer". My n7 has a orange leather cover. she doesnt know what a tablet is. she calls it computer, orange computer.

I find the ten incher most comfortable for magazines... So if that factor is important for you, ipad would be the choice...

Im assuming your niece is a kid and as such, its better to give her a light 7 inch tab than a 10 inch rock. Also note that kids are happy with almost anything whereas us adults can find 100 things to complain about even if product is perfect

Though my views are skewed towards Android always this time my recommendation is IPAD AIR !!

They (apple) have a proper futuristic plan in place !
Just analyze this. . You'll get a rough idea.

1. Their latest desktop OS is offered as free upgrade..
2. New ipad ships with desktop grade processor. (Why 64bit processor on mobile device ?)
3 . Their office suite is also made free across both mac and ios platforms !
4. Their multimedia application were already free with Mac.
5 with every upgrade OSX is getting one of the functionality of iOS integrated.

Plus
Newer ipad is lighter and has better battery life.
The iPad touch screen is superior to any other Tablets (from recent review of Engadget)
Yes quality of the apps and tablet specific apps is always superior in iOS .
Even I've used 4 android tablets and in same situation yours

My decision is clear now.
An android phone is better and iOS tablet is better.

If the question is whether ipad4 vs Nexus then You better buy Nexus.
If you've invested in Android apps already then consider Nexus as a better option.

Any specific reason why you are not considering Sony xperia Tab Z ? It has good build quality and features IMHO over Galaxy tab 10.1

Last edited:
I have used both android and apple touchscreens and can say that there is this thing abt apple's touch - accurate, 99% responsive and lag free which makes it a joy to use as compared to its android counterparts

Based on usage scenario -
Reading books, comics, and magazines, Movies, Youtube, Surfing - ~10 inch tablets work the best.
Gaming, Youtube, Surfing - 8 inch and below tablets work the best.

Based on how invested you already are into one or the other or multiple app ecosystems, that will also play a major role in your decision.

This is my experience after trying out tons and tons of tablets over the past four years.

All said and done, for a smooth seamless tablet media consumption experience, iPad is the way to go.

If you watch video more go for 10" android. If you want it for reading gaming & surfing go for Apple.
Ipad screen ratio is good for everything except watching videos.

Can anyone tell me movie & serial viewing experience ? Most of HD channel show are 16:9 and I don't know what ratio eng movie has. Ipad screen ratio is 4:3 so we some black bars in tv shows what about movies. My ainol play most of the rip without problems. How ipad handle such files?

I have never understood this obsession with 4:3 and 16:9 thingies. I just play my video into imedia player in my mini and stretch it fullscreen :p

What do u guys think about the Yoga tablet from lenovo with 18hr battery life and looks like Notion Ink Adam copy.

The specs looks ok. And did i mention it has a 18 hr battery? :)

I have used both android and apple touchscreens and can say that there is this thing abt apple's touch - accurate, 99% responsive and lag free which makes it a joy to use as compared to its android counterparts

For all those who think apple touch is better...see for yourself...

y father owns an iPhone 5, and every time he has asked me to fix something or install something, I’ve had a bit of trouble with the display. What I touch doesn’t always register accurately, especially on the top of the screen (I can never hit the install button in the App Store). I attributed this to a small screen and me being used to my Galaxy Note devices, but it appears there is a lot more to it.
http://androidandme.com/2013/10/new...ones&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

And I bought the N7 FHD and N7 old one...comparing the two...I challenge you to find any lag doing anything whatsoever, playing whatsoever on the new N7...its a beast and so is 4.3... it simply doesnt stutter one bit...

For all those who think apple touch is better...see for yourself...

http://androidandme.com/2013/10/new...ones&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews

And I bought the N7 FHD and N7 old one...comparing the two...I challenge you to find any lag doing anything whatsoever, playing whatsoever on the new N7...its a beast and so is 4.3... it simply doesnt stutter one bit...

This is what makes apple touch screens superior.

http://appglimpse.com/blog/

Awaiting your images @m-jeri
Congratulations a well deserved choice :):)

Back