iOS ipad Busted Speaker : what to do?

jaganm

Disciple
I have an ipad 3 64 GB just a little over 2 years old. All of a sudden, the speaker has developed problems, when I start any music or video, it is distorted initially and ultimately, it stops working. The sound works perfectly over headphones or bluetooth.

What are my options
- I can take it to Apple service. I assume that they will just give me a replacement ipad 3. I assume that they will charge a bomb for it. That is why I am not that interested. However, is there a chance that if they don't have an ipad3, they would give me an ipad4 or ipad Air instead? If so, I would go for it
- Get it repaired at a third party. While they will be cheaper, I feel that Apple hardware is just so difficult to repair that they are going to mess something or the other. Once I had given an ipod touch for battery replacement and once I got it back, the wireless never worked properly as they couldn't get the adhesive to stick properly

Of course, I can just decide to live with it, but it is a pain to have to switch the bluetooth on every time and somehow, it never connects automatically. It is a big pain when my son uses it.

So, what do you all think the best option is?

I would suggest that you should try at apple service center first, lets check what they say.
If that's not suitable, then get it repaired at some good service center. If you are from Mumbai, I know a person who is champ in these stuffs.

@jaganm

I also would say you go to Apple service center first. Scoring an iPad Air may be far fetched. Because they usually do have refurbs or replacement pieces of older models they use for such cases.

@honest1
Where is the shop or person located who repairs Apple products ? Anywhere near Borivali ? Also does he sell iPhone battery, I mean not substandard ones, but very high quality ones ? I got the battery replaced in my brother's iPhone 4S and it cost me like 400 Rs from ebay and I know it is not the best quality but incase this one goes bad soon again, I want to have other options.
Also does the guy repair iPad Home button ? I feel my iPad's Home button is not giving me response as good as before. I sometimes have to press hard for it to work.

@raksrules, he is in Andheri. I don't think so that he keeps the battery but you can check. If your home button is repairable, he can do it. Let me know if you want to visit.

@honest1 : Please share the details. And rates!
I need to know if he can fix
a) my 3gs' home button
b) 4s power button which seems to have stuck

@Vince, check PM. I don't know the rates, just that I know that he is genius in all these matters, I am giving reference. Although you can take my reference.

Back