Ipad mini launch thread

I have never found using android comfortable as I am an iOS user. And it would be same for a android user when he switched over to iOS. It's not about $250 or $329 price point. It's about being comfortable with something(at least for me). I really liked the note 2 and read a lot of reviews and watched loads of YouTube videos. Finally went to a store and checked out the device in person for over 30 mins. Surely it's good but it's not my taste. The games didn't play as I have played them. The scrolling wasn't the same. Lots of things.

Apple will sell loads,of iPad minis that's for sure. Also for $329 you get a great 5mp cam on your tablet which isn't there at all on the Nexus 7. Hopefully it's on par with iPhone 4 if not with iPad 3 or iPhone 4S. And it's thinner, lighter and has a bigger screen then the Nexus 7. Yes it's not perfect aspect ratio but then again it's great for surfing which people mostly do on the tablets and has Apple AppStore with loads of apps for iPads.

the cellular version is on my must buy list! I've waited for the small form factor for a long long time ever since the mini was 1st rumored.

iPhone 5 + iPad Mini = perfect gizmo setup for me :)

The only thing i would then need to do is finally make the jump to an Macbook pro/Air

What a DISAPPOINTMENT! Granted, the tech specs were the worst kept secrets in the planet but even the analysts had convinced themselves that Apple knew what they were doing by introducing the iPad Mini at 249$ price tag.

At 329$, this is no where close to the Nexus 32GB tablet which has started retailing for 249$ price point.

People who want a better bargain have much better options. Apple enthusiasts/loyalists already have an iPad of an earlier generation. The middle ground of customers would lead to some not so encouraging sales figures!

The mini ipad and the nexus 7 have the perfect form factor for reading ebooks IMO people who are into reading would prefer mipad over N7 due to lack of content...

The mini ipad and the nexus 7 have the perfect form factor for reading ebooks IMO people who are into reading would prefer mipad over N7 due to lack of content...

Good observation. Did not consider that aspect.

However, for someone really into e-books , would they rather not prefer a more optimized Kindle or a Nook as compared to "lets be jack of all trades" iPad Mini/Nexus 7 brigade?

Good observation. Did not consider that aspect.

However, for someone really into e-books , would they rather not prefer a more optimized Kindle or a Nook as compared to "lets be jack of all trades" iPad Mini/Nexus 7 brigade?

Touche! those are better off with a kindle

but i am talking about people (i.e. me :p) who want a tablet with a primary objective of reading books/articles and also perform other tab functions (apps)...i am spending 20k here and want more than just ebook reader...
basically the priority is reading but i also want the other stuff...

lets be honest here nexus 7 is a beautifully priced gadget but it doesn't yet have that app ecosystem to compete with a ipad, be it any mini or the standard 1....

Touche! those are better off with a kindle

but i am talking about people (i.e. me :p) who want a tablet with a primary objective of reading books/articles and also perform other tab functions (apps)...i am spending 20k here and want more than just ebook reader...
basically the priority is reading but i also want the other stuff...

lets be honest here nexus 7 is a beautifully priced gadget but it doesn't yet have that app ecosystem to compete with a ipad, be it any mini or the standard 1....

Ya, you belong to the middle ground of consumers who Apple is resting upon, don't disappoint them :lol:

Agree about the ecosystem but Apple premium of 130$ over the competition seems way too steep. I would much rather get the new iPod Touch which seems a worthy upgrade this year :p:head:

Coming from an iPad 1 here. Do you think a Nexus 7 would be better or iPad mini?
I would love to type on it, with an external keyboard, and maybe use Cloud IDE for coding.
What do you suggest?

Coming from an iPad 1 here. Do you think a Nexus 7 would be better or iPad mini?
I would love to type on it, with an external keyboard, and maybe use Cloud IDE for coding.
What do you suggest?

Depends on your view of the entire Apple/Android ecosystem actually.

You will get alternatives to pretty much all of your favourite iStore apps on the Play Store, although the user experience might be different. (Not negative/positive, just different)

Since you mentioned IDE and coding, I am assuming you need more processing/GPU power. The Nexus 7 has a quad core processor with Tegra 3 GPU as compared to dual core processor for iPad Mini. The resolution of Nexus 7 is also higher (1280X800) as compared to the clearly inferior 1024X768 display provided by Apple.

If you want complete value for money, go with Nexus 7 without a shadow of a doubt. If the iOS ecosystem means more to you, you can consider the iPad mini.

I've said it earlier and I will say it again. The iPad Mini is nothing but a huge disappointment in my eyes. :p

Even I was with the same view, but after looking at iPad mini, I thought maybe it might have a better chance. But, as soon as it was launched with A5, and 512MB instead of A6x and 1GB & a paltry resolution, i thought nexus 7 is way better (except ofcourse in case of battery)

Back