iPads using Android

rohitgaur

Disciple
Guys
I ve been smitten by rhe android bug, and rather than going for a smartphone worth 20 k plus, why not these e book kinda iPads...
any body has used em, pls advise

eBay India: Latest Android 2.2 Ipad Apad Style 256mb Cam USB WIFI (item 260684649953 end time 05-Nov-2010 11:37:56 IST)
eBay India: Android 2.2 with Freescale iMX515 Cortex A8 Chip (item 320611662518 end time 01-Dec-2010 18:47:00 IST)

there is even one for 6499/- but the 10 k ones are 2.2 version froyo...
ANDROID 2.2 / 7" / 256mb RAM / 32gb EXPANDABLE MEMORY CARD SLOT /
WIFI / 3G Modem COMPATIBLE (Selected Models) / Inbuilt MIC / WEBCAM
ANDROID MARKET / MOTION - SENSOR GAMING / USB SLOT / HDMI 1080 P/
4 WAY ROTARY SCREEN

These are chinese ripoffs like the chinese phones and there is no warranty and hardware in most cases is of pathetic quality. If you would like to gamble 10k, then it's ok to try it out although do not expect it to function properly for more than a few months unless you're really lucky.

It's best to buy an entry level android phone like the Galaxy 3 if you are on strict budget and want to try out android. Saving for the more meaningful phones like the HTC Desire or Galaxy S is another option.

I'm looking at an apad too but I think I'll wait till a reliable 10 inch tablet sporting 2.2 with a capacitive touchscreen and hdmi port comes around at 10-12k levels. At the moment all of these chinese apads have resistive touchscreens and without froyo which are deal breakers for me.

DealExtreme has some great reviews for the APad. Also they are offering 6 months warranty. Knowing DealExtreme, you can order one eyes closed. They will honour warranty.

^ Have you ordered anything from DealExtreme before? Do they ship to India? I wanna know if there are any issues wrto duties etc.

They are Chinese toys.... Stay away.

Like they are described: Chale toh Chand tak..... warna Shyam tak.....!!!

you can also look in to the nationite ones from mp4nation shipping is free!! they are also chinese but offer 1 year warranty.

Back