iOS iPhone 11 Battery Replacement

iPhone 8 and 8 plus below is ₹3500. After that it is ₹5500-6500 I think.

I think it’s divided by old design (Touch ID) vs new design phones (Face ID and larger screens). The new 2020 SE should also be in the 3500 zone.

All this is from Apple authorised stores.

Source: got my old 6s fixed in Jan 2019 for ₹3500. Had asked for 7plus battery, same cost. My friend had replaced his iPhone X battery. It was a more than mine. He said, X XR XS all had same battery price. I’ll confirm and edit

iPhone 8 and 8 plus below is ₹3500. After that it is ₹5500-6500 I think.

I think it’s divided by old design (Touch ID) vs new design phones (Face ID and larger screens). The new 2020 SE should also be in the 3500 zone.

All this is from Apple authorised stores.

Source: got my old 6s fixed in Jan 2019 for ₹3500. Had asked for 7plus battery, same cost. My friend had replaced his iPhone X battery. It was a more than mine. He said, X XR XS all had same battery price. I’ll confirm and edit
I think the prices have gone up. One of my friend replaced the SE first gen battery for 5600 last week. Will be helpful if you can edit and confirm.

@belictony my friend had asked for X battery last year (pre COVID), he was quoted 5k+ doesn’t remember exactly.

Last month I had asked for 6s battery and screen replacement. I was quoted 3.5k and 12k respectively. Not sure why new SE is so expensive. Maybe prices have increased now.
(Maybe because Apple started tagging battery serial to phone serial from iPhone X or iOS 12 onwards I think, to prevent use of non Apple batteries.)

Wait what? 5000 for battery replacement? Do they use special batteries or what? What the actual F! These batteries don't cost more than 1000 to 1500 max rest is what their service charge?

connect with the apple service center itself. By the way what were you doing with iphone 11 that battery when bad in one year or so :angelic:

@belictony my friend had asked for X battery last year (pre COVID), he was quoted 5k+ doesn’t remember exactly.

Last month I had asked for 6s battery and screen replacement. I was quoted 3.5k and 12k respectively. Not sure why new SE is so expensive. Maybe prices have increased now.
(Maybe because Apple started tagging battery serial to phone serial from iPhone X or iOS 12 onwards I think, to prevent use of non Apple batteries.)
It’s not even New SE. it’s first gen SE.
Wait what? 5000 for battery replacement? Do they use special batteries or what? What the actual F! These batteries don't cost more than 1000 to 1500 max rest is what their service charge?
5000 for battery and 600 for service charge.
connect with the apple service center itself. By the way what were you doing with iphone 11 that battery when bad in one year or so :angelic:
After hearing my friends battery cost, I am a little worried now. I am just a heavy user who use 80-90% battery every day. Recently YouTube started consuming more battery, maybe because of that 4K content

At least for the SE 2020, it makes sense to go for AppleCare+ at 9900 for 2 years as it covers battery replacements when health falls below 80% along with screen replacements at 2500, 2 times a year.

At least for the SE 2020, it makes sense to go for AppleCare+ at 9900 for 2 years as it covers battery replacements when health falls below 80% along with screen replacements at 2500, 2 times a year.
It doesn’t fall below 80% in 2 years or after 500 battery cycles. My friend has 990 battery cycle count and more than 3 years since he started using the SE and still it shows 82%. Apple will replace only if it falls below 80% but the battery backup will be very poor. It’s a cunning way to prevent warranty cost for battery replacement for customers with apple care packages.

Attachments

• 939F6A26-D695-4B3C-BFC2-C348A872C6A6.jpeg
    939F6A26-D695-4B3C-BFC2-C348A872C6A6.jpeg
    79.8 KB · Views: 97
It doesn’t fall below 80% in 2 years or after 500 battery cycles. My friend has 990 battery cycle count and more than 3 years since he started using the SE and still it shows 82%. Apple will replace only if it falls below 80% but the battery backup will be very poor. It’s a cunning way to prevent warranty cost for battery replacement for customers with apple care packages.
That is true. I had replaced the battery on my iPhone 7 back in 2018 during the battery-gate for 2k as the offer was running out and it was still at 85%. On that occasion, they had accepted it as it was an exception but normally you really have to kill your battery to get it replaced, so it doesn't make a lot of sense.

Does it also cover back glass breakage? :D It's feels so slippery to use a phone made of glass on two sides! Haha! Plus I never use covers with my phones (though I have never dropped and broken a phone as well!)!

Does it also cover back glass breakage? :D It's feels so slippery to use a phone made of glass on two sides! Haha! Plus I never use covers with my phones (though I have never dropped and broken a phone as well!)!
There are only 2 tiers in accidental damage. 2500 for screen change and 8900 for other damage repair, so guess you will need to have a firm grip. ;)

Yeah, I too cannot stand using a phone with a case or tempered glass and haven't dropped it till date.

There are only 2 tiers in accidental damage. 2500 for screen change and 8900 for other damage repair, so guess you will need to have a firm grip. ;)

Yeah, I too cannot stand using a phone with a case or tempered glass and haven't dropped it till date.

Thanks - Guess that means no point in getting Apple Care for my SE. Maybe I can get it or wife's 11 though.

Back