iPhone 3g 16gb Brand New OS3.0 Unlocked - 26800/-

nish_higher said:
And how much would shipping cost be ?
I live in chandigarh

Shipping's too much of a hassle. No good courier company wants to accept a mobile priced @ 25k. They are asking for an indemnity letter stating they ain't responsible and what not.
I am yet to ship Checksum's iPhone lying with me for almost a week .. although it should be finally done tommorow.
Will update if I am able to ship it to Chennai tommorow.

Update: TNT will ship the iPhone to Chennai ! They are scheduled for pick up today evening and will deliver tommorow evening or latest by Saturday. :)

Finally some good news for Checksum !

Will post more once they collect it today.

wat about the 3gS??? is that up for grabs?? if yes then plz state prices for both 16 and 32 gigs
u mentioned u bought a 3gs for 37k..i'm guessing the 32gig model..??

sehej said:
wat about the 3gS??? is that up for grabs?? if yes then plz state prices for both 16 and 32 gigs
u mentioned u bought a 3gs for 37k..i'm guessing the 32gig model..??

32gb 3GS for 37k ? :S You are kidding right ?
That's the price for the 16gb 3GS and that too has gone up due to short supply !
I bought the 32gb 3GS White for 45K.
My dealer has a couple of unboxed 16gb 3GS phones for 38k black and 40K White.
India launch as predicted is nowhere in sight due to huge demand abroad !
And that's why all the gray market prices have been jacked up a bit.

The only bargain right now, is for people buying 3g phones !

Edit:
I forgot to update about Checksum's phone. It shipped from Mumbai to Chennai in one straight day without any hassles :)
TNT and Overnite are both willing to accept high end phones. :cool2:

Just opened the package today. The phone definitely seems used or refurbished. The front has a deep apparent scratch right at the middle. Very bothersome. The back has numerous scratches. The apple logo at the back is covered with scratches. The data cable is dirty. And no sim elect tool. The top part near the power button has small poke marks like someone poked it with a pin. I really don't know what to say after having waited for over three weeks

Checksum said:
Just opened the package today. The phone definitely seems used or refurbished. The front has a deep apparent scratch right at the middle. Very bothersome. The back has numerous scratches. The apple logo at the back is covered with scratches. The data cable is dirty. And no sim elect tool. The top part near the power button has small poke marks like someone poked it with a pin. I really don't know what to say after having waited for over three weeks

What ! ? :S That's shocking yaar.. None of the phones I opened were like that !
The sim eject tool was missing in a few phones, but I thought that wasn't a big deal ! It was missing in my 32gb 3GS too ! :ashamed:
Tell you what.. return the phone. I will return it to the dealer and get you a full refund !

Please ask your dealer first. Shipping it back is a hassle again. If its a new phone i can live with those scratches. It came in a sealed pack so i'm not sure what to believe. But i don't want to go through the nightmare of shipping it again. By the way how much did tnt charge

^ Confirmed with the dealer. A full refund is not a problem :)

He says, as we discussed earlier, that the pcs are unlocked before being shipped from USA / Australia by his agents out there to make sure they work fine after the jailbreak and unlock, as sometimes due to baseband issues a few phones don't work too well after unlock. The phones could have scratches only at that point, if those guys who do the jb / unlock messed around with the phones.

The dealer gets the phones from his agent / import channel and sends them to me without any further checks.

I had just packed your phone in the plastic bag and then the firm paper cover to make sure it shipped ok. Even i didn't check anything as I had a bunch of phones come in and it was a big hassle checking all of them !

And TNT charged 200 for courier and 2% of phone value declared + taxes.

200 + 500 (2% of 25000) + tax ~73 = 773/-

If thats the case then i can live with it. Unfortunately i can't send it back as i work 6 days a week and have to travel 45mins just to get to the city. And my dad doesn't want to go through the hassle again. So let it be. Unfortunate that it happened this way but i really have no choice now as my hands are tied.

Checksum said:
If thats the case then i can live with it. Unfortunately i can't send it back as i work 6 days a week and have to travel 45mins just to get to the city. And my dad doesn't want to go through the hassle again. So let it be. Unfortunate that it happened this way but i really have no choice now as my hands are tied.

Me too feeling bad about this. It would have been easier and better if we would have called this off when we had shipping issues in the first week itself !
I have mailed this thread link to my dealer so that he doesn't take this lightly for the next phones coming in.

Edit: Just spoke to the dealer. He said he will send in a brand new data cable with the next shipment. Also will try and arrange for the sim eject tool. :)

Can you please ask your dealer to verify if its used or not. Thats what i'm worried about. I can email you the serial number if needed. Since its not registered i wasn't able to check it on apple's site

Back