iPhone 3G Help

Hey peeps,

Have friend, who has 2.2.1 and 2.30 baseband.....so s/w unlock wont work. Also his bootloader is not 5.08, so no hope there. I am based in Mumbai and am looking for a sim based unlock.

1. Can anyone pass his/her contacts who can provide me the sim-based unlock for 2.2.1 baseband 2.30.

2. I have contacted the rebel-sim distributor in India. He's quoting 1200 bucks. Does anyone know him ? I am not sure if I want to transfer cash to an unknown person. His mobile phone is switched off most of the times.

3. I see Gevey plus 2 very popular and selling for like 8 to 9$ in the US. Is it available anywhere in India or Mumbai ?

Well looks like Ragin u r stuck with the only opt 2 use Rebel in case if the bootloader is 5.08...The reason why ppl tell Rebel is becoz you dont have much signal issues or EDGE issues using Rebel...

Avoid Rebel sim like the plaugue. A friend of mine (Goku) has gone through 2 rebel sims (both ordered from US Ebay and from our Indian distributor) without success. Thankfully, he had a 5.08 bootloader, so I easily downgraded his baseband and now it is yellowsn0wed.

Praks there are 2 versions in Iphone one is the Firmware and other is baseband...So the baseband update comes with the Firmware update from itunes...So the 2.2 Firmware has 2.28 baseband and 2.2.1 comes with 2.30 baseband..Hopefully I should be clear....But there are ways u could have ur Firmware 2.2.1 and baseband preserved to 2.28 so that Yellowsn0w works (thats what how i m using )

KiD0M4N said:
Avoid Rebel sim like the plaugue. A friend of mine (Goku) has gone through 2 rebel sims (both ordered from US Ebay and from our Indian distributor) without success. Thankfully, he had a 5.08 bootloader, so I easily downgraded his baseband and now it is yellowsn0wed.

What service provider was he on ?

and the Indian distributor offers a 7 day warranty.....didn't he avail that ?

When did he buy his iphone? I have heard that people with OTB 2.30 have no chance of having 5.08. Did he upgrade his firmware to 2.2.1 ?

neostan said:
Praks there are 2 versions in Iphone one is the Firmware and other is baseband...So the baseband update comes with the Firmware update from itunes...So the 2.2 Firmware has 2.28 baseband and 2.2.1 comes with 2.30 baseband..Hopefully I should be clear....But there are ways u could have ur Firmware 2.2.1 and baseband preserved to 2.28 so that Yellowsn0w works (thats what how i m using )

you are 100% correct :).....

madmaniac said:
Last I saw there was an app on cydia which changes baseband :S

Yes madmaniac u r right but it only works with bootloader which is less than 5.08...Iphones which are coming now OTB would come with bootloader 5.08 upgraded baseband and firmware and the app u saw on Cydia would not work on bootloader 5.08:mad:

Back