iphone 3g query

devi691

Disciple
hi guyz

next week my friend is coming from US. he asked me for iphone 3g 16GB to buy from there ,he is getting it in 200 $ with contract.

my question is that can i hack it to use airtel or vodaphone sim in india?

is it worth?

Your friends needs to cancel the contract before he gives it to you and for that he has to pay a lot of money! The total cost involved would reach up to $500-$550 including the cost of cancelling the contract!

Pat said:
Your friends needs to cancel the contract before he gives it to you and for that he has to pay a lot of money! The total cost involved would reach up to $500-$550 including the cost of cancelling the contract!

oh but i was thinking that it will be a simple process like go to any shop in us ,purchase i phone with contract, come to india, jailbreak your phone and use it with another card.

yes, but when your friend buys the phone on contract, he has to sign on some legal documents which mention that your friend is committing to pay monthly rentals for 24 months!!

I dont care abt contract stuff.
I want to make a simple deal ,i 'll pay 200 $ and get the new phone. so now tell me that can i hack it to use my airtel or vodafone sim?
I mean that type of phones are hackable or not?

Its not like in India, the person will have to break the contract or else pay the fees monthly.

Anyways since you asked, yes the iPhone 3G is unlockable. But if its on latest firmware (3.1.3), then there is no unlock option for now. It may be unlocked in future, when new tools comes out.

If the person in US is buying a new iPhone 3G or 3GS, then it'll be on latest firmware and you won't be able to unlock, atleast for now

YES you can jailbreak.

And I would love to have such a friend who would sell the iPhone for $200 and keep paying the monthly bill for the next 2 years in dollars :D

ajab.ghajab said:
YES you can jailbreak.

And I would love to have such a friend who would sell the iPhone for $200 and keep paying the monthly bill for the next 2 years in dollars :D

Absolutely ! +1.
Unless your friend decides to never return to the US, he will be s@#$%d.

Back