iPhone 3GS 8GB Black@9999

Is it locked to Aircel? looks nice but i feel there's some catch here. maybe device will be disconitued, and this is a firesale....

Is it locked to Aircel? looks nice but i feel there's some catch here. maybe device will be disconitued, and this is a firesale....

The handset is not locked for any specific operator. However, the plan benefits worth Rs.3000 will be applicable only if you use the Aircel SIM card & take the specific bundled plan

Is that means - one can buy iphone 3gs from aircel for 9999, use it for some days/month and then throw the aricel-sim to put on yours?
Question in eagerness.

From the website.. If you buy it for 10K from the website, you would have to pay 3K to Aircel seperately and then the website would deliver the phone to you
Once the online payment is placed successfully, a sales representative from Aircel will visit you within 4 business days to get the form signed & collect the required documents and Rs.3000 in cash for plan activation. Following are the requirements:
At the time when Aircel’s sales representative visits you, you need to hand over Rs.3000 in cash for the bundled data plan. The sales representative will issue you a receipt of Rs. 3000
Once the paper-work is completed & money has been collected, the handset will be shipped to you within 5 to 7 business days
If the paperwork & other parameters are not met, the sales representative will not collect Rs.3000 from you & the amount paid ONLINE today will be refunded within 3 to 5 business days without any deduction.

Why is the postpaid connection showing 9999 as the amount and the prepaid connection showing 17000. I think there is a minimum lock in period of 2 years or something...

Basically they take 13K from you and give you iPhone 3gs and 6 months calling worth thousand minutes each with 2g, but only on postpaid . TBH great for this phone. Last year I got a 3gs from Aircel for 20900, but they gave me calling of 300 minutes, 250sms and 2gb 2G data free every month for the next year. Saves me about 7K over the year. So the cost of the phone came to 14K. 10 days back I got a 16gb iPhone 4s from Aircel for Rs.42222, cheapest I could find with a bill and warranty. They gave me the same postpaid package with the 4s as well bringing the cost of the 4s down to 35K. Also both the phones are factory unlocked. IMO the postpaid packages make both the phones reasonable purchases.

^^^So true, but their staff is also much well behaved and courteous compared to the folks at FailTel who think that the client is a fool and is totally vela, not to mention at their mercy as if he does not have any other options other than them.

The hairtel happened to my friend too. My friend disconnected the gprs coz, they took some amount from his prepaid saying YOU USED GPRS. After disconnection, the same happened. When called and asked, the GPRS is still active and it might be someone in your home activated again and they would've used the gprs while he was out/

The customer care executive dint show any pity or accusation, when my friend told THEY WILL CHANGE THE PROVIDER.

WHAT A LOSER N(e)UTWORK! :scared14:

it seems one can opt for any base pack

• * FUP: After 2GB, you can still enjoy unlimited downloads at speeds of up to 128 kbps. After 1 year, customer will automatically migrate to the Simple Value 499 plan (in 2G circles) and 399 Smart PI plan (in 3G circles).
  • *In 3G circles, customer can continue their existing Aircel plan and take the Rs.3000 top-up for data benefits. (this will be a mandatory top-up)
  • Mandatory top-up of Rs.3000/- (one year validity) - customer gets unlimited data (high speed 2GB data at 3.6 Mbps speed), post which throttled to 128 kbps speed- in both 2G and 3G circles. Customer can take any base plan of his choice

Back