iPhone 3GS Review

Hbk25

Disciple
The Main Reason for one wanting to Upgrade to iPhone 3GS is coz it's 3G Speed for an extra 100$.That's the reason why Apple called this the iPhone 3GS for Speed and not the 3GC for "compass" or 3GV for "video recording." Speed is the central upgrade here.

In a Nutshell The iPhone 3GS is the best all-around Smartphone available....considering all the Pain Apple has taken to ensure maximum features to add to the Pretty Good iPhone 3G, and it pretty much makes up for the Extra 100$.:hap2:

Read full review at : Gizmodo - iPhone 3GS Review - Iphone 3gs review

I hope you had "forgotten" to mention the source of this review.. Please refrain from copy pasting entire articles from another site (in this case gizmodo). And if you do so, then make it a point to mention the SOURCE and give credit to the original author.

P.S: No offence. As a newbie, you might be unaware of some of the rules and regulations of TE. Please go through the rules in the Site Announcements section. :)

You can get factory unlocked iPhone 3G (8GB) from Alpha (Irla, Mumbai)... for 30,500 or 31,000.... 16GB iPhone 3G will cost you around 35k.

iPhone 3GS will come to India officially around in August, there will be some reduction on iPhone 3G models... but how much is not known. My best guess would be 25k for 8GB and 30k for 16GB iPhone 3G, it could be less as I presume Apple would want to position iPhone 3GS at the same price point as current 3G phones.

Hmm, the way Apple too iPhone is amazing.. with 3gs, they've fullfilled the iPhone with brilliant features like Camera, Video recording, Compass etc.. off course the speed is the fact in it.

Review is also nicely done :)

iGo said:
You can get factory unlocked iPhone 3G (8GB) from Alpha (Irla, Mumbai)... for 30,500 or 31,000.... 16GB iPhone 3G will cost you around 35k.

iPhone 3GS will come to India officially around in August, there will be some reduction on iPhone 3G models... but how much is not known. My best guess would be 25k for 8GB and 30k for 16GB iPhone 3G, it could be less as I presume Apple would want to position iPhone 3GS at the same price point as current 3G phones.

Perfect:eek:hyeah:
Absolutely rite

bennysachdev said:
i do not think apple is still continuing the 16gb iphone 3g model.

Yeah... that is one speculation that's been going around. Either way, those who are interested in buying iPhone, keep a watch on good deals... as there might be few for stock clearance.... and seriously, unless you really care about faster performance, video or compass features on 3GS, buy 3G model if you get it at good rates. With OS 3.0, you get almost 80% features of 3GS and it's worth it.

When Apple bumped up capacities on first gen iPhone, from 4GB and 8GB model to 8GB and 16GB... I had got a hell of deal on 4GB model, I scored it for 12k back then from US. :)

you can do it yourself.. Its very easy... You Just have to goto iclarified.com and serach for 3 GS unlock... Then click on any link... And then follow step by step instructions.... It will save you some money...

Hey guys,

I want to buy the iphone 3GS 32gb white (i know so do many million other people), thing is i dont mind paying 600$ for it if i can put my sim card in it. Which is the way to go about it?

Any tentative date of when it will be launched?

Can you suggest where to buy it places in Delhi or Chennai would be ok with me.

Really need your help, it's a gift for a dear friend.

Thnks in advance,

xtremeshock

^^Expected to be launched in India on 4th August by Airtel (+/- 7 days)

Speculated prices:

3GS 16 GB: 32k

3GS 32 GB: 39k

Back